New user with some suggestions

Suggestions for changes/features
comporder1
Student Sheep

New user with some suggestions

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:32 am

First, everything is working nicely. The filter seems to be working somewhat better than rbl lists alone within Exchange 2010. However, I have found that enabling exchange's built-in Content Filtering in addition to mailwasher works quite nicely.

My suggestions/feature requests lie mainly in the IP blacklisting options. Getting IP addresses into this list is not very intuitive.

First, to add an IP to the list you must have a "description". Well..... "spam sender" is all of them! But you can't use the same description more than once. As it is, my descriptions are 1,2,3,4,5,etc. Maybe not require a description??

Now.... I am delivered an email that is spam, I go to the tracking section under "System", I find the email that was delivered and...... At this point I should be able to simply click a link to blacklist this IP, or at the very least copy the IP address so it can be pasted into the blacklist. BUT as it is, I must hover over "Delivered", write down the IP, switch to blacklist tab and type in the IP (and if I am remoted in, the "hover" only lasts a few seconds and goes away, then I have to mouse out and back in to get the info back!). Not a huge deal, but if I am trying to blacklist a list of 10+ IP address, that process can take WAY longer than it has to. :facepalm

Lastly, this process would be made easier if there was a sort or filter by status option on the tracking page. ie show only delivered emails.

Thank you for the nice software and your response,
Carey
comporder1
Student Sheep

Re: New user with some suggestions

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:38 am

and one more thing..... this link is broken.
broken.jpg
broken.jpg (29.31 KiB) Viewed 12340 times
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:42 pm

Sorry, I wasn't notified this was new. Thanks for the suggestions and I've fixed the link.

We're currently working through a rewrite of the GUI, plus other under the hood changes, so these suggestions are very helpful. I didn't realize about the description requirement that you can't reuse the description, we'll definitely change that. You can actually block ranges eg 94.168.102.63/16

We've designed a better tracking screen with more filtering and information, and the ability to select and add to blacklists/filters is something we hadn't considered so we'll add that in too.
comporder1
Student Sheep

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Great news. I look forward to the next update. Any idea when it will be released?

Carey
nick.bolton
The Big Cheese

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:07 pm

We have an update out in a few months, but it wont have the GUI changes. Just trying to get some other things finished too

Return to “Suggestions”