Mail disappearing

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
anniefriday
Rattled Rabbit

Mail disappearing

Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 pm

MW 7.12.29 and I think I know why. updates.aiu appeared in the C:\ProgramData\Firetrust\updates\ at about the time that my mail started disappearing today. MW loads the emails from Outlook.com but has stopped synching with MS Outlook 2007 and at the next sweep for mail, the mail disappears from MW. I've looked in all the folders and nothing there. Can I delete updates.aiu and if I do, will that solve my problem? Mail downloads directly from Outlook.com to MS Outlook just fine but that means I will be unable to use MW.
anniefriday
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Mail disappearing

Fri May 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Never mind. I went ahead and deleted updates.aiu and MW is working again now.
anniefriday
Rattled Rabbit

Fri May 22, 2020 8:48 pm

I spoke too soon. Deleting the file allows MW to open MS Outlook and receive emails now but MW is deleting emails from MW's Inbox after a few minutes without being instructed to do so (the deletions seem to correspond with the mail checks). I've set MS Outlook to leave a copy on the server and the emails are still there so it's MW that is the culprit. I cant find any setting that instructs it to do this so would appreciate some help please.
anniefriday
Rattled Rabbit

Sat May 23, 2020 12:18 pm

Well aside from deleting emails that I've forwarded to myself from outlook.com (the emails I wasnt originally able to download to MS Outlook), it seems to be behaving itself so I'll leave it at that.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 23, 2020 9:42 pm

Hi there

OK sure thing, let us know if there are any further issues. Something doesn't sound quite right, but might have been a temporary server hiccup.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”