Procedure for checking mail

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
tekwrite
Student Sheep

Procedure for checking mail

Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:55 pm

If I mark an email for deletion and click Wash, it gets deleted off the Inbox list.

But what do I do when I have emails that I want to send to my email account? Do I have to manually clear the list to get them off the Inbox screen?
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Re: Procedure for checking mail

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:00 am

tekwrite wrote:
If I mark an email for deletion and click Wash, it gets deleted off the Inbox list.
Those emails aren't just deleted from the MailWasher Inbox list. They are actually deleted from the mail server.
tekwrite wrote:
But what do I do when I have emails that I want to send to my email account? Do I have to manually clear the list to get them off the Inbox screen?
Once you check for new messages in your email client it will deliver them from your mail server. The next time MailWasher checks for mail those messages should disappear from the MailWasher Inbox, depending on how your email client is configured. You can set MailWasher to check for new messages every x number of minutes. This is found in Settings > General > Checking Mail > [checkbox] Periodically check for mail every [input a number] minutes. Check that option and input the number of minutes between mail checks. If all of the incoming emails have either been deleted or downloaded, they will disappear from MailWasher's Inbox.

Note, if you set your email client to leave read messages on the mail server, those messages will still appear in the MailWasher Inbox. If that's how you operate, you will have to deal with the continued presence of those emails. But, there is a way to indicate if any email in the Inbox has been read or not. Go to Settings > Display > Inbox > check the option to Display unread emails in bold and check the next option to Mark selected emails as read after [number] seconds. I usually set this to 1 second. Simply clicking on an email in the Inbox will mark it as read after x seconds if you activate that option.

Configuring your computer or smart device's email client will be found somewhere in its settings. Look for the option to delete read messages from the server. You will still have those messages on your device, but not on the mail server.

An "email client" is the app or program you use to compose, send and receive email. How you configure it regarding leaving or deleting read messages on the server depends upon how the email server has been configured. If your email comes from a free mail server, check their documentation. If it is through your website's mail server, read the documentation supplied by your web hosting company. Be prepared to learn about the meanings of POP3 and IMAP email and "ports."
Submitted respectfully by Wiz.
Member of the MailWasher Beta Tester Team
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
See www.wizcrafts.net/mwp-filters.html
tekwrite
Student Sheep

Re: Procedure for checking mail

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:09 pm

Thanks!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”