Deleting text from Gmail

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
weeble
Mystified Moa

Deleting text from Gmail

Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:38 pm

Hi there,

I have someone who regularly emails me from their gmail account and they can write something like this

Hi xxxxx,

Please find attached invoice for xxxxx for xxxxx
Kind Regards,

Fred Blogs.

My problem is, mailwasher is deleting almost all of the text. I know it comes through because when it comes through on my phone and tablet via spark email client, the whole text is there, however when it arrives in mailwasher pro, its all missing. :(

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it or is it just a glitch in the matrix (fyi, it happens on both my desktop and laptop that are using mailwasher pro)

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: Deleting text from Gmail

Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:20 am

In the message body in MW, what if you click on the "View in HTML" button in the upper right of the message? Do you see it then?

Note that MW, by default, strips out the HTML code during viewing because malicious code can hide in there.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
weeble
Mystified Moa

Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:31 am

Thanks for the reply. Next time I get one, I'll have a look and see. (I've deleted it)Then get back to you
weeble
Mystified Moa

Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:41 pm

Unfortunately, I do not have an option to view in html. For other emails, yes I have this option but not for any gmail emails coming in. It's very weird/
Digerati wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:20 am
In the message body in MW, what if you click on the "View in HTML" button in the upper right of the message? Do you see it then?

Note that MW, by default, strips out the HTML code during viewing because malicious code can hide in there.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:48 am

Under Settings >> General >> Checking Mail >> what's that Spam Throttle set to ? You can bring that across to 500 lines, that might show the text upon reloading.
weeble
Mystified Moa

Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:06 am

rusticdog wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:48 am
Under Settings >> General >> Checking Mail >> what's that Spam Throttle set to ? You can bring that across to 500 lines, that might show the text upon reloading.
Unfortunately, that's already set as high as it will go. It's very very odd indeed. :roll:
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:10 am

OK, when you get a chance in MailWasher from the email preview screen, top left click Show Email Info >> click the Source tab >> right click over this text and Select All >> right click over the highlighted text and select Copy >> then paste that text into a Notepad file >> save and send me the file to forum@firetrust.com

Untoggling the Show EMail Info you hit earlier sets you back to the original view once done.

Chers
weeble
Mystified Moa

Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:40 am

rusticdog wrote:
OK, when you get a chance in MailWasher from the email preview screen, top left click Show Email Info >> click the Source tab >> right click over this text and Select All >> right click over the highlighted text and select Copy >> then paste that text into a Notepad file >> save and send me the file to forum@firetrust.com

Untoggling the Show EMail Info you hit earlier sets you back to the original view once done.

Chers
Thanks, will do. :D
weeble
Mystified Moa

Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:56 am

rusticdog wrote:

Chers
Hello,

Did you receive the email? I sent it last week.

Thanks

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”