Color for Marked as Good

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
phred
Rattled Rabbit

Color for Marked as Good

Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:18 pm

Using 7.12.119 on Win10.

I find that I'm often overlooking mail that is automatically marked as "good" as it is the same color (green) as mail that I have marked as "friend." Is there any way to change the color of the "good" classification? I'm thinking yellow might be a good choice.

I've looked under Display Options, and saw a category for "undetermined" but I don't think that would work as it is MailWasher that is marking mail as "good." I can recall ever seeing mail being marked as "undetermined."

Thanks.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Color for Marked as Good

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:14 am

No, there is no separate colours for Friends or 'Good' email classification sorry, only the one for all good or one for all spam....

One way around this would be to set a filter to catch all emails on your friendslist, (Settings>>Spam Tools>>Filters>>Add Filter>>Add Rule>>Spam tool Rule) that way it would be displayed with the filter name, eg, you could setup a filter like the below:
Friends filter1.jpg
Friends filter1.jpg (70.28 KiB) Viewed 1594 times

Then your emails would display like this if on your friendslist:

Friends filter2.jpg
Friends filter2.jpg (159.14 KiB) Viewed 1594 times
phred
Rattled Rabbit

Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:03 pm

That's great gingbat. You may consider this a work-around, but I consider it a solution as it does indeed make the "good" emails stand out from the rest.

Thanks!
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:05 pm

Not a problem phred, good to hear! :)
MW147
It begins with a single step

Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:17 am

I appreciate what you all do, but I have to agree. Emails that you SUSPECT are good, should be marked with yellow by default.

I appreciate the work around, but to accomplish your stated goals, we need to be able to review those marked good. I can't tell you how much junk mail your filters MISSED that came in an email containing a snippet of encyclopedia text, to fool the filters. And it worked.

Please provide this as a function, NOT as something ALL users have to setup themselves.

It really SHOULD be part of the software! IMHO

Thanks
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:52 am

I don't use the Friends List (or Blacklist either). Instead, I created a new filter I called "Friends" and I put my friends in there. It has a unique color. I did the same for "Family" and other "good" things (Forum notifications, Newsletters, $$$ Stuff, Health, etc). Each has a unique color.

Yes, it took a little while to setup and initially fill each filter, but now I have 30+ filers, all with unique colors. If a new email comes in that is good, bad or otherwise but not tagged by one of my filters, it immediately stands out, and most likely is NOT one I want to keep. It is very rare these days for a good email to come in that is not in one of my filters.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”