Adding an outlook account does not show folders

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Kezooz
Rattled Rabbit

Adding an outlook account does not show folders

Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:31 am

Dear Forum

Im having trouble adding an outlook account to Mailwasher Pro7. It says it has saved the account successfully but when I try and refresh the IMAP to see the folder structure, nothing appears. I havent had any trouble adding other email addresses, only this one.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-06-07 222452.png
Screenshot 2023-06-07 222452.png (157.02 KiB) Viewed 1943 times
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Adding an outlook account does not show folders

Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:35 am

Can you check mail OK for this account? as I see there is an errors tab showing...

If not, delete and re-set it up again, if you can, restart MW and see if the IMAP tab can be refreshed then?

If still no, check this account manually via webmail and ensure there is no message about it blocking MW?
Kezooz
Rattled Rabbit

Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:28 pm

Hi Gingbat

I am getting numerous error messages when clicking on this tab. Seems like many of the accounts are getting an error now and then. Most of the errors are about the process being interrupted. Is there a way to send the errors messages to support?
I have deleted the account and then restarted MailWasher a number of times and then readded the account and still no folders.

When you say to check on webmail, do you men logging into outlook.com and viewing my mailbox on the internet?

Thank you for responding to my post.
gingbat

Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:34 am

Yes, that is correct, log into webmail via your web browser and check your mailbox there.

However yes, if your other accounts are having problems too, it sounds like there is more going on there in this case....

So yes, can I please have some logs as per below directions:

- Use MWPro until you get the error/s,
- Click Help>>Send Support Logs.
- Write a note referring to this post (copy/paste the link from the address bar in your web browser)
- Click "Send Logs"

Then, reply to this to let me know the logs have been sent in case they do not arrive for any reason...
Kezooz
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:13 am

Hi there. I have followed your instructions and sent log files to support and included the link to this conversation.

I really appreciate you taking the time to assist me with this issue.
gingbat

Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:03 pm

That's not a problem, however sorry but no, no logs were received.... no problem though, we'll use another method to get these....

- Open MWpro.
- Click, Help>>User Files>>Logs,
- Right click on the "logs" folder.
- Click Send to >> Compressed, (Zipped) folder.
- Move/Save the resulting .zip folder to your desktop.
- Reply to this email in your email client and click it's "Attach" button, and attach the .zip file to an email to support at firetrust dot com.
- Write a note referring to this post (copy/paste the link from the address bar in your web browser)

NOTE: how-too video here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ak8zLigJcntT4l71QaG ... q?e=7Zf2ws
Kezooz
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:42 pm

Hi gingbat

I have just sent an email to support at firetrust dot com with zip file attached and link to our chat in forum.

Thanks again.
gingbat

Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:29 am

Great, thanks for those logs Kezooz, and yes, most oddly, NO accounts folders seem to be working correctly, all accounts that are working (eg, checking mail without error) are giving the same sort of errors, eg:

06-09-2023 07:58:49.741 Error Failed to select folder 34 mw4 NO 34 doesn't exist.
06-09-2023 07:58:42.137 Error Failed to select folder 15 mw4 NO 15 doesn't exist.
06-09-2023 07:58:18.951 Error Failed to select folder 25 mw4 NO 25 doesn't exist.
06-09-2023 07:58:03.097 Error Failed to select folder 71 mw5 NO 71 doesn't exist.
06-09-2023 07:57:27.922 Info S: mw4 NO [NONEXISTENT] Unknown Mailbox: 43 (Failure)

(Additionally, 2 of your icloud accounts are failing to logon at all, (Evie and Todorka) however that looks like a bad password issue there....)

Each of these lines are from different accounts you have setup in MWPro, so ALL seem to be failing to show folders for some unknown reason....

I'd say that the accounts file itself may be corrupt somehow, you may need to delete it and start setting up accounts again unfortunately...

I'd advise you backup first via File>>Export, save the resulting file somewhere safe.

Also make a copy of the files under Help>>User Files that way you can re-insert all or only some of these later if need be. (the export option saves all these files to one file).

Note also, as you have several gmail accounts, you are likely using app passwords for these, so make a note of each accounts password so you can paste it in later to save you having to re-create new app passwords....

Then uninstall MWpro and click NO to save your user data.

Browse to the following folders (IF there) and delete actual "Firetrust" folders:

C:\Program Files\Firetrust
C:\Program Files (x86)\FireTrust
C:\ProgramData\Firetrust

(The last folder is actually hidden, so you may need to enable Windows to show hidden files and folders under,
the Windows Control Panel, Folder Options>>View Tab>>Select, Show hidden files and folders.)

Then install MWPro from here:

http://www.firetrust.com/products/mailw ... o/download

Setup one account at a time ensuring it is working correctly and showing folders before moving onto the next.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”