Yahoo.co.uk not working

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
xerty
Mystified Moa

Yahoo.co.uk not working

Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:42 am

Hi,

I've been patiently waiting to see if this issue would be resolved as I have read in other threads about issues with some mail providers. The last update I can find is from 5 days ago about waiting for an update to come through (viewtopic.php?f=50&t=58578#p169108).
Between the issue with MW going down and then this, MW has been of little use to me and I would be grateful to know if this issue is going to be fixed.
In my case, I have 1 account with yahoo.com that works. But several with yahoo.co.uk that do not and give the unknown error reported elsewhere.
I did try the delete account, delete the "MASL" folder etc but no success.
Are we still waiting on an updated fix or is there something I can do on my end?
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Yahoo.co.uk not working

Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:33 pm

Yes, we are working on this now and hopefully this week sometime if all goes to plan...!

If too much of an issue, you are welcome to revert back to the old version which works with app passwords....

If you would like to try this, uninstall MWPro, click YES when asked to save settings, restart your PC and install from here:

http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... _12_67.exe

AND setup a Yahoo app password if you have not already, as below:

https://login.yahoo.com/

Click on person icon and then click on Account Info.
Go to Account Security and click on "Manage app passwords".
Click on "Select your app". Choose Other app. Enter name for your application which is Mailwasher. Click on generate.
Copy the password to clipboard and paste it into password field in Mailwasher under Settings>>Accounts>>Click the account>>Incoming tab.

Then click Advanced on that Incoming tab and select SSL/TLS and click Save
xerty
Mystified Moa

Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:08 am

Thank you for the reply and update. I'll hold off for now wait for the fix :-)
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:58 pm

OK, we have a beta you are welcome to try, not keen to post publicly until we do some more testing, but if you wanted to try it, please email (referring to this post) support at firetrust dot com and we'll send you a link..... cheers!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”