Live Mail Fetching Working Irregularly

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Live Mail Fetching Working Irregularly

Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:45 am

Since yesterday, after I installed the Windows 11 Pro Preview Cumulative Update KB5034204, I have been having problems with MailWasher Pro retrieving emails from my Live email account. I note that the Password field for that account changed from my Live Mail password to a blue "Sign in with Microsoft" button. I deleted that account and recreated it and was able to eliminate the errors that plagued me yesterday, but today, while MWP was working this morning, it is now not reporting any errors retrieving mail, but it is NOT retrieving the mail or the spam from my InBox and Junk folders, as configured. The Event Log shows that "Fetching" and "Filtering" are complete.

I decided to press the "Sign in with Microsoft button" and eliminate my previous settings, which MWP reported were good, just like yesterday when that worked, and MWP could successfully download and process my email. This afternoon after going through all of the MS credential screens and agreeing to let MWP have access to Live Mail, MWP still failed to retrieve my Live Mail and did not report any errors.

I also note that the Forum has become very sluggish by times in the last couple of weeks. Earlier this afternoon, response times were normal, but logging in later this afternoon to create this post, the response is glacially slow.

Your assistance would be appreciated. My guess is that MS broke something. Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,
Phil
Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Re: Live Mail Fetching Working Irregularly

Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:52 am

re slow forums, yes, working on this, its been hard to pin down as if we check when they are working no problems found, I see it is slow now though, so getting it looked at now....

And yes, the microsoft account issue is mainly fixed in the latest beta, please email support at firetrust dot com if you would like to try this referring to this post....
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:07 am

@gingbat ,

As suggested, I have emailed Support. I will report back after I get the beta version and have updated MWP7.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,
Phil
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:18 am

@gingbat ,

I was surprised to be contacted by Jeremy Clark of Firetrust Support yesterday. He has been most helpful. I did receive the beta, which worked initially, but it is now not retrieving my Live mail. It is working for Gmail.

Perhaps I am mistaken (a not uncommon event!), but I am guessing that the Windows Preview Cumulative Update broke something in Live Mail or MWP7 . . .

I am impressed by Firetrust Support. I commend you.

I would be interested in testing any new beta versions to see if they will resolve my issue, which could become more widespread on the next Patch Tuesday if my suspicions are correct . . . I currently have the beta (193) installed on my desktop and (188) on my laptop, both of which are experiencing issues. What is interesting is that sometimes, for no reason, MWP does retrieve the emails for a period of time and then ceases to do so, reporting no errors. I did run SFC and DISM . . . /scanhealth scans. Both came back clean.

Regards,
Phil
gingbat

Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:11 am

Excellent good to hear thanks Phil, and I have added you to the beta testers list you'll see the beta forum under the main forum list here:

index.php

Cheers!
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:24 am

@gingbat ,

Thank you. Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:13 am

@gingbat ,

MWP 7.12.193 (beta) has been failing to retrieve any of my Live mail for two weeks now. There were rumours of a new impending beta version which would resolve all of the Live Mail IMAP issues.

Could you update us? As it is now, MWP is pretty useless to me because Live Mail is my primary email account, and it is the one being spammed. This Forum has been very quiet. Am I the only one who has this issue? I would have expected more posts on the issue . . .

Regards,
Phil
gingbat

Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:04 am

Yes, very sorry about this, it's taking a lot longer than I thought to get this resolved, I got a beta yesterday to try but it has another issue so cannot release it as yet unfortunately, I'll let you know as soon as it's ready!
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:04 am

@gingbat ,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am eager to get MWP running again. I will be happy to test drive the beta as soon as it is ready.

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:54 am

@gingbat ,

I just installed the latest beta version: 7.12.207. No crashing noted, but it fails to retrieve my Live Mail, even after a reboot. I tried posting in the Private Beta Forum, but I see that the topic is "LOCKED," so therefore I could not post the results of my test install there. I guess that while I was given permission to view the Private Beta Forums, I have been denied permission to post there. That seems kind of counterintuitive to me, since you specifically asked for beta testers to download it and report back any issues.

It goes without saying that I am still waiting for a fix so MWP can once again filter out the spam on my primary Live Mail account.

If you need any logs or other information, I will be happy to provide them.

Regards,
Phil
gingbat

Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:42 am

Hi Phil,
Yes, the topic is locked, but you should be able to create a new post....?

Regardless though, did you try the below also....?
IF still connection issues with your email account, you'll need to delete any email account that was failing to check mail in the previous version first:

* Settings>>Accounts, click the account>>Remove Account, repeat for any other problem accounts.
* Click File>>Exit to close MWpro, then re-open it.

Then setup the account/s again:

* In Mailwasher Pro click, Settings>>Accounts>>Add Email Account, type any name for this account you like, enter your email address and click Save.
* Click the Incoming tab and click "Sign in with Microsoft/Yahoo", follow the prompts and you'll be asked for permission to allow MW access to the account, ensure you agree to this.
* If it shows successful, click Save again on the outgoing tab, refresh folders on the IMAP tab (IF asked) and you are all set.
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:54 am

@gingbat ,

Thank you for your instructions. That did the trick. Live Mail is now fetching and filtering Live mail. No crashes so far.

I am unable to post a topic in the Beta Forum. It says LOCKED, and there is no POST button in the Pinned Announcement )Mk2). Yes, I could create a new post, but I saw that Digerati had replied to your Announcement post in that topic, so I was wondering why I couldn't?

Have a great weekend.

Regards,
Phil
gingbat

Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:57 am

Fantastic, good to hear that is working... and yes, Bill is a forum mod so can post in locked topics.... however yes, I can see that can be confusing! :)

Cheers!
garioch7
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:30 am

@gingbat ,

Just relaunched MWP after a reboot. It is no longer fetching my LIve Mail.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Take a day off.

Regards,
Phil
gingbat

Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:54 pm

Hi Phil,
Dangnabbit... and in that case, can I please have some logs as per below directions:

- Use MWPro to try to check mail for this account,
- Click Help>>Send Support Logs.
- Write a note referring to this post (copy/paste the link from the address bar in your web browser)
- Click "Send Logs"

Then, reply to this to let me know the logs have been sent in case they do not arrive for any reason...

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”