Suggestions for MWPro

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Re: Suggestions for MWPro

Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:20 am

I have a 'problem' due to the change in the Wireless M.2 card from AX to BE speed. Well, that card doesn't seem to connect as soon as the old card did. So when MWP starts, and tries to Fetch mail, I get that annoying 'doink' sound.

Now, there is only a few options within MWP. Not start MWP when Windows starts (which means I have to manually start it) or not Fetch email when MWP starts. Both would require me to either start MWP or open MWP and manually fetch mail. Of course presently I could wait the 10 minuted for MWP to do it.

None are great options for me.

I can create a Scheduled task to start MWP 2 minutes after Windows starts of course, but how ABOUT an option under START MWP WHEN WINDOWS STARTS for basically on or off, to on, off, or delay with a user time setting?
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:25 am

One that has always annoyed me, if I had an email that IS clearly SPAM I mark it to be sent to the SPAM reporting sites and check it to be deleted. However, in many cases, these just don't get stopped? So I get tired of reporting them. I just create a filter to get rid of them and I never see them. Would it be possible within the FILTER to have the OPTION of REPORTING SPAM? Of course, some that continue forever would be a PITA too as I'd be getting the emails to finish the reporting, but at that point I guess I could change the filter NOT to report them?
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:53 am

irvsp wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:20 am
I can create a Scheduled task to start MWP 2 minutes after Windows starts of course, but how ABOUT an option under START MWP WHEN WINDOWS STARTS for basically on or off, to on, off, or delay with a user time setting?

Sorry but no, no way to do this from within MW, however you could use some third party software to delay the start of MW, I cannot recommend any as never used them, but there are several listed when you google it...

irvsp wrote: One that has always annoyed me, if I had an email that IS clearly SPAM I mark it to be sent to the SPAM reporting sites and check it to be deleted. However, in many cases, these just don't get stopped? So I get tired of reporting them. I just create a filter to get rid of them and I never see them. Would it be possible within the FILTER to have the OPTION of REPORTING SPAM? Of course, some that continue forever would be a PITA too as I'd be getting the emails to finish the reporting, but at that point I guess I could change the filter NOT to report them?

No, we used to allow auto reporting, however had to disable it due to users reporting good emails all the time.... :facepalm
irvsp
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:16 am

OK, I'm giving AutoRun Organizer a try. See how that works, just didn't want to add another program starting, or create a task to do it. Figuring every install of MWP release would require redoing the program or task.

I've got Glary Utilities too, and it can delay programs that autostart as well.

I suspect with either once a new version is loaded I'll have to play with it all over again?
gingbat

Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:25 am

yea, couldn't tell you sorry... possibly the program will detect a update of the same program, but you'll just have to wait and see.... :)
davethiele
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:17 pm

After making changes in my Outlook later I'll look back at MWP and some items are outdated then.
I may delete or move items in Outlook and MWP still shows the old location. Clearing the Cache or restarting MWP seems to update the changes.

So most of the time I find myself using the "Clear Cache" button often.
Settings--> General --> Checking Mail ---> "Clear Cache"

It would be nice to be able to show a button for this on the MWP Inbox Tab page for easy quick access.

Appreciated,
davethiele
gingbat

Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:17 am

davethiele wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:17 pm
After making changes in my Outlook later I'll look back at MWP and some items are outdated then.
I may delete or move items in Outlook and MWP still shows the old location. Clearing the Cache or restarting MWP seems to update the changes.

So most of the time I find myself using the "Clear Cache" button often.
Settings--> General --> Checking Mail ---> "Clear Cache"

It would be nice to be able to show a button for this on the MWP Inbox Tab page for easy quick access.

Appreciated,
davethiele

Yes, you 'should' just be able to click Check Mail again, that'll clear the display of any emails no longer on the server, or in other folders?
davethiele
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:31 pm

I just upgraded to a newer prerelease, but on 7.12.188 version it did not always do that for me.
I'll watch for awhile and do the check mail to see how it works. Last night after about 3-4 Check mails tries it did update. Guessing Outlook could be delayed in sending to server too.
Not doing Exchange but just IMAP.
Thanks for the info.
davethiele
gingbat

Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:32 pm

Yes, sounds like the mail server is just a bit slow to update, MW can only update what it shows once the server has... cheers!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”