A list of spam reporting services and instructions for MW

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: A list of spam reporting services and instructions for MW

Sun May 14, 2017 1:53 am

KJ4VOV wrote:No, Gmail is not an option for me. Thanks anyway.
KJ4VOV wrote:Since I am my own SMTP provider I'm 101% sure I'm not doing it. 8)
In that case, better to live with your own SMTP (and . . . . . . the problem.) :) :thumbsup
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
KJ4VOV
Mystified Moa

Sun May 14, 2017 2:46 am

Pretty much the advice I expected here.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun May 14, 2017 3:03 am

KJ4VOV wrote:Since I am my own SMTP provider I'm 101% sure I'm not doing it. 8)
KJ4VOV wrote:No, Gmail is not an option for me. Thanks anyway.
What help can we possibly offer any individual with this degree of determination. :scratch

Nevertheless . . . . . . if you really need help, do feel free to post the screenshots of your present SMTP configuration with regard to FTC. :thumbsup

ps:
  • In case you decide to post your screenshots, be sure to obfuscate all personal details.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun May 14, 2017 3:39 am

This is just an illustrative demonstration — not an invitation to use Gmail:—
SMTP__(Gmail-1).png
SMTP__(Gmail-1).png (50.96 KiB) Viewed 19685 times
FTC_Configuration.png
FTC_Configuration.png (103.74 KiB) Viewed 19685 times
[/center]
charlieboy
Student Sheep

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:15 am

Hi,

I would need something more concrete. :|
.. like this:

Service name: Spam reporting service name
Prerequisites: In order to send email to this service you need to register... / none
Email to (in form of): mail address
Email content: ??
Additional information: Works only in Usa / Europe ...

--- Spamcop ---

Service name: Spamcop
Prerequisites:
You need to register your email address at https://www.spamcop.net/anonsignup.shtml
You receive your password to your email
Login to Spamcop with your email and password at: https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=loginform
Click on Report Spam. Copy the line after "Forward your spam to:"
(it contains your unique spamcopid).
Email to (field should be in form of): submit.spamcopid[at]spam.spamcop.net​
Additional information: none

--- Knujon ---

Service has been shut down, more information http://www.knujon.com/

--- Cyber Top Cops ---

Service name: Cyber Top Cops
Prerequisites: none
Email to: spam[at]cybertopcops.com
Additional information: none

So I would like to know all spam Reporting services that work with Mailwasher. :help

- charlieboy
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi charlieboy

Thanks for your efforts :)
MailWasher sends the spam reports as UTF-8 encoded messages, where the spam emails are attached to a message as EML files. There is a maximum of 50kb per spam report if I recall correct, so if you went to report 75kb of spam emails, MailWasher would send two reports with all the messages attached.

As long as the spam reporting service can accept that format, then they can be used.

Australia has the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
https://www.acma.gov.au/Citizen/Interne ... pam-i-acma
They were kind enough to setup a special address for MailWasher users mailwasher[at]submit.spam.acma.gov.au
For Australian users obviously

SpamCop would always be my number 1 choice though.
KirkSutton23
It begins with a single step

Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:14 am

Thank you. but despite everything I've done, spam continues to pour in nonstop every day. All of them have been reported, but they still arrive without end.
gingbat
Least Evil Firetrust Employee

Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:16 am

MW cannot stop the spam from coming in the first place, (only your ISP can do this) however it does allow you to delete any spam/virus emails before they reach your PC, which is what it is made for.....

Re blacklisting, most spammers only use the same address a few times, so this makes blacklisting no good for most spammers, but it is handy for those senders who keep persistently sending the same emails.

Re Reporting, MW can only send the reports, if ISP's or whoever you report to fail to or cannot act on these unfortunately there is not really much you can do....

Another option is that you can setup MW to auto delete a lot of your spam.

To auto delete senders you have already added to your blacklist for example, click Settings>>Spam Tools>>Blacklist>>Options, tick, "Auto delete blacklisted emails".

You can also set your filters, (Settings>>Spam Tools>>Filters>>click a filter>>Edit) to auto delete by selecting this option under the Actions tab there...

And to set MW to auto delete any email that comes in over a specific spam rating, click Settings>>Spam Tools>>Spam Ratings, and tick, "Auto delete if rating reaches:"

Note however, I recommend you read this first before enabling the last option:

http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=7214

Also, checkout some tips here on how to use MWPro to its best effect:

http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... and-tricks
Wizcrafts
Guardian Gecko

Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:13 pm

KirkSutton23 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:14 am
Thank you. but despite everything I've done, spam continues to pour in nonstop every day. All of them have been reported, but they still arrive without end.
When spam pours in, as you describe it, this indicates that your email address has probably been harvested in a data breach, or from a friend's compromised device that coughed up their contacts' email addresses. Fresh email accounts are sold by the people buying "dumps" to spam operations who perform spam blasts.

While MailWasher Pro has strong spam detection systems built in, as well as a user-configurable blacklist, are you aware of the custom spam filters feature? You can create spam filters that include a number of conditions that if met result in either marking the message as Spam, or auto-deleting it. You can learn more about these custom filters on my MailWasher Pro Filters page. I have downloadable filters on the page. But, they may or may not apply to the deluge of spam you are getting right now. By analyzing how I put filter conditions together as rules, you may be able to write your own filters to detect and delete your incoming spam.

There is also a long topic in the forum where my custom spam filters were being discussed by other members. That topic has been dormant since 2017. Feel free to resurrect it with your questions. We might be able to help you create some filters to match and delete your spammers.
Submitted respectfully by Wiz.
Member of the MailWasher Beta Tester Team
Fighting spam by writing, updating and publishing MailWasher Pro custom filters.
See www.wizcrafts.net/mwp-filters.html
Awanlrak
It begins with a single step

Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:32 am

Have you experienced any issues with submitting spam reports to the FTC, particularly with the rejection of .eml submissions, and have you considered using a different SMTP provider like Gmail to troubleshoot the problem?

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”