A list of spam reporting services and instructions for MW

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

A list of spam reporting services and instructions for MW

Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:07 am

Edit:

There is apparently an issue with Knujon accepting MW reports, I have not been able to interest them in finding and fixing the problem. They will accept the reports but it appears that once accepted nothing is being done with them. I am no longer sending them reports via MW as it appears to be wasted effort.

-------------------

http://www.knujon.com/sendusspam.html

Knujon offers a variety of reporting options, the "we take anything" ones or the ones for specific types of spam as well as offering custom reporting addresses for paid users.

Yup, that's right. We want your junk mail. Send it all to nonregistered@coldrain.net or knujon@coldrain.net(for non-registered submissions, please read terms of use) - All items sent to Knujon are also forwarded to the FTC(uce.gov). Registered users receive a custom address and weekly progress reports. Become a member for $27!
Registered Members vs. Non-Registered

"Sneakernet" via Postal Mail

Send Stock Junk to stockjunk@coldrain.net (CC'd to SEC). More on stock junk.
Send Prescription Drug Junk to rx@coldrain.net (CC'd to FDA, others). More on Rx junk.
Send Phishing attempts to phishing@coldrain.net (CC'd to APWG, others). More on Phishing.
Send Deposit Scams to depositscams@coldrain.net (CC'd to USSS, others). More on Deposit Scams.
Send Software Piracy to swpiracy@coldrain.net (CC'd to MS, Adobe, others). More on Software Piracy.
Send Counterfeit products to fake@coldrain.net. More on Counterfeit products.
Send Junk Faxes to junkfaxes@coldrain.net (CC'd to FCC). More on Junk Faxes.
Send Forum Spam to forumjunk@coldrain.net. More on Forum Spam.
Send Career/Job/Resume Spam to jobphishing@coldrain.net. (CC'd to phishbucket.org).

Submit Image-only Junk Mail: Upload OR imageonly@coldrain.net

-----------------------------------------

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/ReportaProblem/ucm059315.htm

Drug / medical related spams in the U.S.

for problem Websites that DO NOT involve a life-threatening or otherwise serious reaction, fill out this form (En Español). To report e-mails promoting medical products that you think might be illegal, forward the email to webcomplaints@ora.fda.gov.

http://www.ftc.gov/ftc/contact.shtm

About Spam & Phishing

Email: spam@uce.gov
Forward unsolicited commercial email (spam), including phishing messages, directly to the FTC at spam@uce.gov. These messages will be stored in a database law enforcement agencies use in their investigations.

Update:

Please note that the Bank Safe Online website no longer provides a 'report a scam' service.

However, we have created a dedicated page on our website that contains information and links to relevant organisations where you can continue to report a scam. Please click here: http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/request-advice

Alternatively, please email advice@banksafeonline.org.uk to request specific advice on online banking safety.

Kind Regards

Outdated:
http://www.banksafeonline.org.uk/report_scam.html

Please help us to track down phishing, trojan and money mule recruitment emails by sending your suspect email to us.

You can do this by either:

Forwarding your suspect email
Open the suspect email, click the forward button, and send it to the following email address: reports@banksafeonline.org.uk

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/help-disr ... ails-feb11

For UK folks

Action Fraud has set up a dedicated email address where you can forward any scam emails that you receive. [25 February 2011]

People receiving scam emails are urged to forward them on to - updated below: email @ actionfraud.org.uk.
Update Dec, 2011:
The reporting address is now phishing@cityoflondon.police.uk. I can't give you a link for this, but if you go through the convoluted process starting at http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/scam-emails you'll eventually get to it.
Important: When you send an email you are doing so over the open internet, which we cannot guarantee the security of. Therefore please do not send personal information, such as your address or bank account details, when emailing Action Fraud.

http://www.phishtank.com/

PhishTank

PhishTank is a collaborative clearing house for data and information about phishing on the Internet. Also, PhishTank provides an open API for developers and researchers to integrate anti-phishing data into their applications at no charge.
Last edited by stan_qaz on Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
tonybee
Student Sheep

Re: A list of spam reporting services and instructions for v

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Sounds good but how does one do it without wasting even more time on these pests. I open up MW and there are 20 or more spam emails and they keep coming throughout the day. Do I have to type out your address and send each one individually, which would also mean letting them through into Outlook in order to forward them? Is there some sort of one-click way of sending them on. I am deluged by them, don't want them and no matter how many I enter into MW's filter for auto delete they still keep coming. :?:
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:15 am

Go to Settings - Spam Tools - Spam Reporting and click on Add Service... and you can set these all up so that you can access them with one click.

You may also need to right click on the column headings and select the Reporting column so that you can see the reporting icons in the Inbox.
Windows 10
tonybee
Student Sheep

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks .. but have done all that but it doesn't stop the incessant daily flow of spam. All are reported but still they keep coming, endlessly.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:39 am

The results are not going to be instant, you'll likely not be washed off current spam-lists but if your address shows up in enough reports it should get you off of at least the higher quality lists in the future.

As sad as things are today with so many different folks not wanting to stop spam (Microsoft, and all the anti-spam companies for example) it will continue to be a problem. Spamcop is the most effective tool a user has for fighting back, at least it gets reports to folks who are interested in stopping the spammers (ISPs, server owners and users with compromised machines) so they know there is a problem and that it needs fixed.

The spamcop.net and other blocking lists are proving quite effective in tagging spam too so that is a direct help to the end user if you enable them in MW.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: A list of spam reporting services and instructions for M

Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am

A note on reporting, the first picture is of the reporting buttons - in unselected mode, the second picture has the Q and K reporting services enabled.
report-ticks-1.png
report-ticks-1.png (4.63 KiB) Viewed 41878 times
report-ticks-2.png
report-ticks-2.png (3.81 KiB) Viewed 41878 times
--
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:23 am

There is apparently an issue with Knujon accepting MW reports, I have not been able to interest them in finding and fixing the problem. They will accept the reports but it appears that once accepted nothing is being done with them. I am no longer sending them reports via MW as it appears to be wasted effort.
--
1AlexH
Mystified Moa
Location: Just west of The Big Apple - cross the Hudson River and turn right.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:47 am

Does anyone know if sending spam to spam@uce.com actually makes any difference?

I can't help wondering if I am just wasting my time and effort, as I have copied them for most everything in the past month, and never hear a thing. Especially the email I get purporting to be from the FBI, no less.

Just curious.

-a.
KJ4VOV
Mystified Moa

Re: A list of spam reporting services and instructions for MW

Sat May 13, 2017 11:23 am

Just an FYI:

FTC spam submissions are now getting bounced back because they won't accept .eml submissions any longer.
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

spam@uce.gov
This message has been rejected because it has
a potentially executable attachment "reported-1.eml"
This form of attachment has been used by
recent viruses or other malware.
If you meant to send this file then please
package it up as a zip file and resend it.
So, what now?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 13, 2017 11:54 am

I've just sent a couple through, not received a bounce back yet.

I imagine they do scan the content of the EML files for malicious attachments, if you reported an email that triggered the scanner it might report the EML file as being rejected, when it was actually a file within the file...
KJ4VOV
Mystified Moa

Sat May 13, 2017 2:46 pm

I can only tell you what happens when I do it. Not a single one has gone through yet.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat May 13, 2017 3:06 pm

Odd. These bounces are coming from the FTC ? Is it possible that your SMTP provider has implemented a system where EML files are rejected.

You may well be correct too, this is just the first I'm hearing about it.
KJ4VOV
Mystified Moa

Sat May 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Since I am my own SMTP provider I'm 101% sure I'm not doing it. 8)

Yes, the bounces are coming from the FTC. They're rejecting all attachments that aren't in zip format now.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat May 13, 2017 7:30 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:Just an FYI:

FTC spam submissions are now getting bounced back because they won't accept .eml submissions any longer.
KJ4VOV wrote:Yes, the bounces are coming from the FTC. They're rejecting all attachments that aren't in zip format now.
Reporting to FTC has been working perfectly fine with zero deviation.

KJ4VOV wrote:Since I am my own SMTP provider I'm 101% sure I'm not doing it. 8)
You could try using a free Gmail SMTP account, instead (if you wish to — at least, to troubleshoot your issue.) ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
KJ4VOV
Mystified Moa

Sun May 14, 2017 1:47 am

No, Gmail is not an option for me. Thanks anyway.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”