How To: Spamcop.net reporting for the new MW

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: How To: Spamcop.net reporting for the new MW

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Ovations wrote:I have the impression the spamcop reports still do not work. When I login to spamcop and look into "past reports" there are "no reports found". As I stated before, setting up the mailhosts was successful - I received that mail that it was.

In MW, I mark the mails to report and while washing, MW says "Reporting to services" in the lower left corner.

So, I am not sure - is it working or not? How can I check whether everything is fine or what is wrong?
If you are not getting an email back from SpamCop with the reporting info and instructions to click on Send Reports then they are not receiving it. My guess is that your email account is blocking the outgoing message. I suggest that you create a free GMail account and use that as the Send Report account.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Ovations
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:22 am

If you are not getting an email back from SpamCop with the reporting info and instructions to click on Send Reports then they are not receiving it. My guess is that your email account is blocking the outgoing message. I suggest that you create a free GMail account and use that as the Send Report account.[/quote]

THAT was the hint! I checked the mail server settings for outgoing mail in MW and found out that I did not check the settings. They were wrong! I updated the information (mail server requires authentication!) and reported three spam mails which arrived in the meantime. And I received a mail from the SpamCop AutoResponder: [SpamCop] has accepted 3 emails for processing

In this email, there are three links now, stating "Use links to finish spam reporting". I followed the first link and it seems there is nothing special to do, but only to confirm this is spam "Send Spam Report(s) now".

One question: Is it correct to have these three adresses ticked at "Report Spam to" (I crossed out my private data):

Re: 109.75.110.175 (Administrator of network where email originates)
To: abuse@aquatix.de (Notes)

Re: 109.75.110.175 (User defined recipient)
To: xxxxx@xxxxx.de (Notes)

Re: http://www.meine-nachricht.com/ (Administrator of network hosting website referenced in spam)
Last edited by Ovations on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:45 am

Ovations wrote:
One question: Is it correct to have these three adresses ticked at "Report Spam to" (I crossed out my private data):

Re: 109.75.110.175 (Administrator of network where email originates)

Re: 109.75.110.175 (User defined recipient)
To: xxxxx@xxxxx.de (Notes)

Re: http://www.meine-nachricht.com/5374026f6ecd7c4a... (Administrator of network hosting website referenced in spam)
SpamCop determines the correct places to send the reports to. Just click on Send Reports.
When you have one of these response emails you must click on each of the URLs in the SpamCop email and then click on Send Reports.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
LaoziSailor
Student Sheep

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:34 am

The MWM Version 2.0.0 shows Email and Header.

I cannot select and copy, specifically to SampCop and have to wait until I get home (many hours later) to send the reports.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks!
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:39 am

LaoziSailor wrote:The MWM Version 2.0.0 shows Email and Header.

I cannot select and copy, specifically to SampCop and have to wait until I get home (many hours later) to send the reports.

Is this normal behavior?

Thanks!
Yes. MWM does not currently have inbuilt reporting.
Lode
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:01 pm

It might have been already addressed in this long thread somewhere, but an old difficulty I've had in the past returned:
that tiny button you have to tick for sending spam to SpamCop does not appear any more.

When I right click on the bar of the spam I get what is shown on the attached screen shot.

[edit : screenshot removed to protect email IDs : rusticdog]
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:35 pm

You need to add the Reporting header after enabling the MWP Column Headers:—
  • Inbox >>----> Display Options >>----> Check/tick (enable) Show column headers
ps:—
  • After adding the Reporting header, you can hide your Column Headers (if you wish to.)
pps:—
  • Please obfuscate the exposed e-mail IDs or delete your screenshot.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
ArthDev
It begins with a single step

Fri May 19, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks !
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:30 pm

grace wrote:How does spamcop help, would like to know more just came across this thread.
The first post in this thread is probably the most descriptive you will get http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.ph ... 200#p54917 otherwise by SpamCops own words "SpamCop is the premier service for reporting spam. SpamCop determines the origin of unwanted email and reports it to the relevant Internet service providers. By reporting spam, you have a positive impact on the problem. Reporting unsolicited email also helps feed spam filtering systems, including, but not limited to, SpamCop's own service. "

You can check out more at www.spamcop.net
pataanaa2

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:37 pm

I hate being obtuse, but the current value in the Spamcop "Mail to" is "submit.[uid]@spam.spamcop.net". I assume I'm supposed to insert something in "uid".
nobody
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:26 am

pataanaa2, the UID should be a bunch of letters/numbers that are unique to your SpamCop account.
DavidO8888

Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:58 am

Thank you very much for this tutorial. I could not figure out why none of my spam reports were being sent to SpamCop. Then I setup a new SpamCop account with my ISP's email domain, then updated MailWasher with the new UID address and selected my ISP domain email address as the sender, and unchecked the box "include in default email check" so MailWasher won't have any conflicts with my other email accounts, and now all Spam is reporting to SpamCop. By the way, I sincerely believe all these fake domain, fake email headers, etc. spammers are psychotic. I cannot even imagine what fools would click on these silly emails that literally wave a red flag they are junk and/or fakes.
freecya

Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:44 am

Have you resolved the issue with the missing button for sending spam to SpamCop, and did the provided solutions work for you?
:)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”