A MYRIAD of problems w/MW 2012

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
sathyme
Student Sheep

A MYRIAD of problems w/MW 2012

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:40 pm

OK - like alot of posts and web searches I've been reading - I TOO was FINE w/the OLD MW - AND EVERYTHING worked perfectly - but I let the Firetrust subscription lapse last year - THEN I got a laptop and decided this month to get MW 2012 - I am WIndows XP, 3gb memory, Lenovo Z61t - use Hotmail - WEB BASED only NO outlook - use Firefox browser primarily - and have Chrome.

SO FIRST I couldn't RESTORE - FINALLY after a few days - Jeremy Clarke figured out the settings that Hotmail and my ISP Verizon (DSL) told me were NOT correct - or MW has it's own rules - They are NOT the settings they are purported to be - OK so we fixed that - Since I was frustrated and asked for a refund - he did that b4 we got it to work - SO I re-paid Firetrust - and he reset my key - everything appeared to be fine - but today - opened up MW - NOT ONLY could not WASH mail - could not bounce or anything - (Yes I want to bounce - no discussion on this please) - Then Came home tried again - WASH WORKED BUT deleted OVER 1000+ e-mails - THEY WERE NOT MARKED FOR DELETION!!

THEN the registration said expired - BUT I was told the key was renewed??? - and have the key - BUT it's the same as what is already listed there- AND NOW I CAN'T WASH??

AND on top of ALL that - TO RESTORE ALL THE 1000+ e-mails - I either have to :
1. go through ALL 1000+ to set as GOOD???
2. Is there NO Select ALL?
3. AND THEN - WHY when you restore - does it have YOUR e-mail as the addy as opposed to the original sender - THIS IS BAD VERY BAD

Can anyone help me here?
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: A MYRIAD of problems w/MW 2012

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:05 pm

sathyme wrote:AND on top of ALL that - TO RESTORE ALL THE 1000+ e-mails - I either have to :
1. go through ALL 1000+ to set as GOOD???
2. Is there NO Select ALL?
3. AND THEN - WHY when you restore - does it have YOUR e-mail as the addy as opposed to the original sender - THIS IS BAD VERY BAD

Can anyone help me here?
Select any message in the RB grid and then the universal CTRL A will select all. Message restored will only be the number of lines of the message that MWP downloads. Settings, General, Checking Mail, Spam Throttle e.g. maybe only a partial message. It will be the original message fragment.

You will have to email FT about your license issues.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:08 pm

You need to observe the number shown in the lower right hand side of the MWP Window. It shows the number of messages that MWP will delete on the next Wash.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
sathyme
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Thank you - both of you - I found the EYEGLASS icon to tell me how many e-mail MW plans on deleting after I wrote the post - but Thanks - ALSO Jeremy wrote me back - I am going to hopefully get him to remote to my computer - as he says when you restore it SHOULD look the same as when it was deleted BUT it doesn't
Thank you so much for your help

NOW - I have to find the stop button as I don't seem to have one!!
sathyme
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:47 pm

OH sorry SIDEWINDER you answered twice it wasn't TWO people - SORRY!!

Bobbi
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:59 pm

sathyme wrote:NOW - I have to find the stop button as I don't seem to have one!!
There are two for both Check Mail and Wash. The first is that both of the buttons become Stop buttons while the action is being performed. Second if you observe the lower left hand side of the MWP Window you will see the Status of the action while it is in process and also has a Stop button.
sathyme
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:06 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHH!! I C

Now HOPEFULLY ONE last question

(I'm still waiting for Jeremy to solve the Restore with original e-mail) the restore question

BUT

OK - WHY isn''t this working like on the OLD MW

Let's say you send me over a period of time 10 e-mails - FOr whatever reason they are showing as spam - SO in the OLD MW - I would mark ONE of them to FRIEND and they ALL would go there- NOW - I have to mark EACH ONE - What I am doing wrong? - I've tried MARK AS FRIEND as well as ADD DOMAIN TO FRIEND LIST and I STILL have to do each one?

?? - Bobbi
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:12 pm

sathyme wrote:I would mark ONE of them to FRIEND and they ALL would go there- NOW - I have to mark EACH ONE - What I am doing wrong?
That's working, here - when one sender's address on my Spam messages is added to my 'Friends list,' all other neighboring Spam messages from the same sender also get marked as 'Friend.' I don't seem to have to mark each one, individually.

Must add, though that I have all my Spam engines and learning disabled - find them to be quite inaccurate.
Last edited by TrustFire on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
sathyme
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Yeah - it should - but not here!!
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Hope those are not being inadvertently filtered through your blacklist or some other filter - I'd cross check for dual entries. Also, it's more likely that the Spam ratings would affect those messages on an individual and independent basis despite originating from the same sender.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
sathyme
Student Sheep

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Thank you -BUT I don't have ANY filters set - unless they are PRESET - and one person's message wouldn't be blacklisted if it's a general msg w/o any "spammy" words - It's a problem w/MW I guess - that and the restore problem - but thanks
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:22 am

sathyme wrote:(...)Let's say you send me over a period of time 10 e-mails - FOr whatever reason they are showing as spam - SO in the OLD MW - I would mark ONE of them to FRIEND and they ALL would go there- NOW - I have to mark EACH ONE - What I am doing wrong? - (..)
You're doing nothing wrong...

Please note: In MWP 2012 the SUM of ALL tools will decide if a message is considered spam or not. When the sender of a message is in your friends list this doesn't mean the message is automagically considered to be good, as E-mail addresses can easily be forged (example: I'm still receiving messages, supposedly sent by my late father, who passed away almost four years ago.. :( ). Therefore the friends list just adds extra positive value. So if the total of friends + other tools is negative, any message from a "friend" will still be considered spam.

You can however, influence the "weight" of the friends list: go to SETTINGS>>SPAM TOOLS>>SPAM RATINGS and use the slider to give your friends list more "weight". :arrow: Plse do realize the downside: this might cause MWP to rate spam as being good when it's been sent from a forged E-mail address. :!:
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
sathyme
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:38 am

Thank you Racker - when I get back to my laptop - I will try it -
However - do you know why - AFTER I have marked an e-mail as Good & Friend & added the DOMAIN to the Friend list (Alot of my e-mails have their own domain name) - That when I start up MW again - They SAME e-mails are STILL marked as spam and I have to go through them AGAIN with the magnifying glass to set them back as Friend etc etc?
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:03 am

Two things:
I suggest that you enable the sidebar for the evaluation details (I prefer the LH side) under Display Options so that you can see the scoring for all of the tools as you select the messages in the grid. This will help you understand the effects of each.
You might also want to add the Bayesian and Total columns to the display.
If you really believe that you can trust that the messages are in fact from your friends and not a stolen address then create a Filter, Type is Good, Spam Tool Rule, then use the pull down arrow and select Sender is on my Friends List. Set the filter scoring to max good, and the delete override to never mark for deletion.
sathyme
Student Sheep

Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 am

HMMMMM!! - OK - When I get back home I will try this - It will take awhile as I have (or had) 4000+ msgs in my inbox - and Thanks - I'll post back when I've tried the suggestions from the posts - (Just wish it was as easy as the Old MW)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”