Polish translation

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Maciek
Travelling Tuatara

Polish translation

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:45 am

Can I expect the Polish translation? Maybe I could help?
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Polish translation

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:58 am

Send a PM to rusticdog, he is the firetrust rep here and works with the folks doing several other translations. I think he might still be on vacation but should be back soon. Some of the other translators may contact you to let you know what is involved if you are interested.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:06 am

Maciek wrote:Can I expect the Polish translation? Maybe I could help?
As I've done the latest Dutch translation, I think I can give you a hint on where to start... ;)

To begin with: you'll need at least a basic knowledge of HTML/XML. If you don't: stop here... read no more! :facepalm
But if you feel brave: read on! :devil

To show you what you're up against, I've attached two files:
Alias.xml is the index file that I've edited to reflect Polish.

LanguagePO.xml is the languagefile to be translated: as an example I've (or rather Google Translate has) done the settings page. Plse note that I dont speak a word of Polish, so this may be all gibberish to you..

Now here's what you should do:
:arrow: first, goto HELP>>COMMON FILES>>LANGUAGES
:arrow: rename the file ALIAS.XML you find there to something like "ALIASBACKUP.XML" or similar, so you can restore it if you wish.
:arrow: Next paste the two files I've attached to your HELP>>COMMON FILES>>LANGUAGES folder and make backups of both files in a safe place.

Shut down and restart MWP and... you can choose Polski as a language.

As you will see, the SETTINGS>>GENERAL>>APPLICATION page is now in Polish (that is: what Google made of it)..

You can now open LanguagePo.XML with a text editor like Notepad and make the necessary changes.

:!: IMPORTANT: Before you proceed, you must know one or two things :!:
Translatable text is often but not ALWAYS between quotes (" ") :!: take good care not to touch the HTML tags. :!
:!: Typing errors may cause MWP to crash or even overwrite your languagePO.xml causing hours of work to vanish in thin air ( btdt :dead ) so backup frequently!!

:arrow: Any future MWP update will overwrite ALIAS.XML so you need to keep a backup of that file in a safe place. If you don't you'll have to edit that file manually in order to have Polski back in the menu.

:!: To see the changes you've made in LanguagePo.XML you must temporarily chnge the setting to another language and then back to Polski. To see any changes you make in ALIAS.XML you must close down and restart MWP

Play around a bit and brace yourself... you'll probably be spending more hours behind your keyboard than you could imagine... But hey... it's really fun to see the results!

When Rustic Dog returns, he'll probably tell you more, but in the mean time: if you want some advise, feel free to ask!
Attachments
Alias.xml
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 342 times
LanguagePO.xml
(106.85 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
Maciek
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:56 am

Racker,
thank you for your help! All is clear at the moment. I start to work. We'll see... ;)
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:38 am

OK... success. And have fun!

Ohh and to use the only Polish (I think) word I know: Nazdrovje! :cheers 8)
MWP FAQ
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:10 pm

I see I omittes one thing: if, after a MWP update anything translatable changes in the program, MWP wil automagically add "<translated = false> " to any line in your languagefile that needs (re-) translating. After working on that, you can simply change "false" in "true" for each translated line so the program "knows" you've done your job... ;)
MWP FAQ
Maciek
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Thank you!
Na zdrowie!
:lol:
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:27 am

Maciek wrote:Can I expect the Polish translation? Maybe I could help?
Hi Maciej

We're always keen to get more languages added, so you're more than welcome to have a crack.

I see Racker has given you a good amount of information, perhaps one of the only things I would add would be to use Notepad++ as that's a much better text/XML editor.
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

If you have any problems or questions please feel free to ask here on the forums or you can email me at forum@firetrust.com as well

Cheers :thumbsup
Chris
Maciek
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am

I still work on translation, but I see, I'll need a lot of time :-) I hope, I'll make it.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:19 am

Maciek wrote:I still work on translation, but I see, I'll need a lot of time :-) I hope, I'll make it.
I diod tell you, it's a lot of work, didn't I?? :)

:arrow: Just thought of one more reason to backup really very frequently: As soon as FT will include Polski in a future release, updating to this release will overwrite the languagePO.xml, present in your languages folder. Thus overwriting your working copy and destroying all changes you made since uploading the previous version. :rant

:!: My solution: I have a added a "working file" file called languageNL1.xml and edited alias.xml to load this as the dutch languagefile (added the line <Alias Filename="LanguageNL1.xml" Display="Nederlands (ontw)" /> ). Thus, whenever there's an update, my working file will not be overwritten..

You could do the same by adding <Alias File-name ="LanguagePO1.xml" Display="Polski (work)" /> to alias.xml and rename your working-copy accordingly: to LanguagePO1.xml
MWP FAQ
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Maciek, just a heads up. We're releasing a version of MailWasher later (tonight?), this version has a Polish language file included that's all English text. So just be aware when you install the update to version 1.7.0 your LanguagePO.xml will be overwritten, I say this just to be sure you have a backup as racker mentions :thumbsup
After install you'll also need to edit/update the Alias.xml as well as per the above, so that the Polish language is available in the drop down list.

The reason we've included this dummy language file is that it ought to allow us to release patch versions of MailWasher in the near future rather than full installs. It's a complicated boring reason, but it just means each time we add new languages we must release updates that require a full reinstall, so we've tried to pre-empt your Polish translation by adding this now.
Maciek
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:25 am

There are no changes in language files in the new version and I can still work on my old file? I mean, if something new is added for example.
I suggest to change file name LanguagePO.xml to LanguagePL.xml. PL means Poland, and PO means Portugal :-)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Bookmark this for the future, it has the most recently assigned codes:

Main: http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_3166_code_lists

HTML List: http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes/is ... ements.htm

The P section:

Code: Select all

PAKISTAN 	PAKISTAN 	PK
PALAU 	PALAOS 	PW
PALESTINIAN TERRITORY, OCCUPIED 	PALESTINIEN OCCUPÉ, TERRITOIRE 	PS
PANAMA 	PANAMA 	PA
PAPUA NEW GUINEA 	PAPOUASIE-NOUVELLE-GUINÉE 	PG
PARAGUAY 	PARAGUAY 	PY
PERU 	PÉROU 	PE
PHILIPPINES 	PHILIPPINES 	PH
PITCAIRN 	PITCAIRN 	PN
POLAND 	POLOGNE 	PL
PORTUGAL 	PORTUGAL 	PT
PUERTO RICO 	PORTO RICO 	PR
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Ah bugger, I really should have checked that....PO just felt correct. We can change it easy enough.

As for the changes in the language file, if there is some text that MailWasher wants to display that is not found in the language file, then MailWasher will add the default english text to the file and also with the appropriate Translated="False" tag. It means though the text to be translated though will not appear in the file until MailWasher has tried to display it.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:41 pm

Oh, and to answer your other question. Just make sure you have a backup of your language file, then install the new MailWasher, then replace the LanguagePO.xml with your backup.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”