Cox Cable revising mail server names

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Cox Cable revising mail server names

Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:34 am

Basically everyone can now use pop.cox.net and smtp.cox.net and set the ports and encryption levels according to the charts below. This will also solve the certificate warnings you get in some programs when using the spop.??? server name since the Cox certificate does not include that name.

Code: Select all

http://ww2.cox.com/residential/arizona/support/internet/article.cox?articleId={a8fb24c0-6440-11df-ccef-000000000000}
Standard Email Settings

Use Standard Email Settings when setting up email clients like Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, and Mac Mail.

Customers who use their PC in a mobile environment or off the Cox Network may need to use Mobile setting below.

Note: Cox has updated the Email Server Names in order to make setting up email easier for our customer. If however, you currently have the old mail server names of pop.east.cox.net or pop.west.cox.net it is not necessary to update those settings.
srv-std.png
srv-std.png (32.78 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
Mobile / Secure Email Settings

Use Mobile / Secure Email Settings when setting up email on devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Smart Phones (i.e. Android, HTC), or a Mobile PC such as laptop or netbook that is used off the Cox Network.

Note: Cox has updated the Email Server Names in order to make setting up email easier for our customer. If however, you currently have the old mail server names of pop.east.cox.net or pop.west.cox.net it is not necessary to update those settings.
srv-sec.png
srv-sec.png (43.02 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
My MW settings:
spop-cox.png
spop-cox.png (25.27 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
s-smtp-cox1.png
s-smtp-cox1.png (20.09 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Cox Cable revising mail server names

Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Great, we'll get those changes included in the next build :thumbsup
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: Cox Cable revising mail server names

Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:41 am

Coming in late but thanks for that Stan. I have had issues with certificates with several government sites so I hope this helps. We'll see.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”