How can MailWasher be password protected?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: How can MailWasher be password protected?

Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:27 am

There is this suggestion you could vote for: http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... washer-pro
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
Flyvapnet
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks, TrustFire, for reposting that information! So I've repeated the procedure and nothing's shown up so far. Hopefully, the expected message will show up overnight. Maybe this promotion works in Germany and India, but so far it's not working for me here in the U.S. We shall see.

:|

By the way, there actually is a drop-down menu there which offers various language options; but the English-language option leads to a page which states "The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the '>referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of '>that page about the error. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again." Both of the links in that message lead back to that very same page.

:lol:

Sidewinder, I infer from what you wrote that this offer is blocked from potential U.S. recipients. Ain't the Internet grand, especially now that it's all owned by corporations? Oh, well.

:no

Stan_qaz, I couldn't agree more with what's at the other end of the link you kindly provided! I admit to being unfamiliar with the whole "10 votes left! What happens if I run out?" bit. Is it some sort of contest or game? I'd have made a reply, but somehow between here and there (all on "firetrust.com") I became unrecognized and was unable to sign in. Of course, I thought I already was signed in on this Web site.

:roll:

Anyway ... if one clicks on the MailWasherPro icon on my desktop, that program opens; and then you can read the contents of whatever messages are on the server. That's why I'd like to see a password-protection option. I emphasize the word "option" since apparently there are some folks who don't like the idea of password protection. Well, this is a portable machine and hence I'm concerned about the hole in security MailWasherPro represents. My electronic-mail client is password protected, but that security measure is relatively useless if an unauthorized person can read my messages on MailWasherPro.

:help

=^..^=
O sprawling fields in the sun, the spectator for whom you alone exist is gazing at you from the shade.
-- Fernando Pessoa (1888-1935) Livro do Desassossego por Bernardo Soares (Lisboa: Edições Ática, 1982)
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:43 pm

The suggestion site isn't integrated with the forums so you need to create a login there, I used the same one as here to minimize confusion.

The suggestion site was intended for users to suggest things to firetrust, comment on others suggestions and for folks that found something they agreed with to be able to add a vote to the suggestion without having to add a "me too" comment. The firetrust folks look at the vote totals as part of deciding what to work on next in the way of features. It was intended to replace the V6 suggestion forum that had never worked very well and was scheduled for removal at some point as v6 development has pretty much stopped.

If you type in a key word or two related to your suggestion it will bring up similar suggestions, showing vote totals and the status of the suggestion:
Current
Accepted
Rejected
Completed

You can add a comment to an existing suggestion, make a new one or vote - up to your limit of 10 votes. The vote limit is to make sure you give some thought to what you want to see and the ability to vote up to three times for a suggestion gives you the ability to put even more weight behind it. My only complaint is that I have more than 10 suggestions open over there and can't even vote for all of them. The admin's think that is just fine as having to prioritize even among my own ideas is good from their perspective. Whining will not get you more votes, trust me I tried that, you just have to pick your favorites and spread your votes as well as you can.

Browsing through the suggestions is interesting but could be improved a bit, there are suggestions on doing that there too.

Edit, from the suggestion site:
Your votes will be refunded when your suggestions are accepted, rejected or deleted.
You can change your votes by clicking on them.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Sidewinder wrote:Ich spreche kein Deutsch! US options non-functional
Did I hear someone whisper . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'Proxy?' :devil
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Flyvapnet wrote:So I've repeated the procedure and nothing's shown up so far. Hopefully, the expected message will show up overnight. Maybe this promotion works in Germany and India, but so far it's not working for me here in the U.S. We shall see.

:|
That's quite likely to be true - check my previous post (in response to Sidewinder.)

Flyvapnet wrote: By the way, there actually is a drop-down menu there which offers various language options;
If you mean the following drop-down - the (Deutschland) selection should not be changed (
promo
is valid only at the German site.)
Language.png
This drop-down should remain at Deutschland
Language.png (58.47 KiB) Viewed 9312 times
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Flyvapnet
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 am

Thank you, stan_qaz, for that useful information! I shall try again, knowing I've got to re-register at that other Firetrust board. I'll probably suggest they unify all these log-in data site-wide.

:)

Yeah, TrustFire, it looks like that offer isn't valid in the U.S. Oh, well. Thanks all the same for letting me know about it! Who knew they'd discriminate by national boundaries?

:?

=^..^=
O sprawling fields in the sun, the spectator for whom you alone exist is gazing at you from the shade.
-- Fernando Pessoa (1888-1935) Livro do Desassossego por Bernardo Soares (Lisboa: Edições Ática, 1982)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:57 am

Here's another
promo
- this time for Steganos Privacy suite 2012 grab it, guys while it lasts (hope this one works for you all.)

Promo Page:

Code: Select all

http://www.steganos.com/de/magazines/covermount/?tx_steganoscovermounts_pi1[mag]=chip&tx_steganoscovermounts_pi1[productid]=sss12/
Flyvapnet
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:43 am

My reply has been delayed due to various and sundry real-life requirements. Anyway ... thanks for that link, TrustFire! It worked, up to a point. I was able to download and install the application, only to discover it was a 30-day trial. I realize now that's what I should have expected, but at the time it didn't occur to me. Duh!

:oops:

So I uninstalled it, or tried to uninstall it. The application's uninstaller wouldn't work! It just sat there and refused to open. Consequently I did it the old-fashioned way by directly deleting its program folder, after waging an unlocking war ... which I won. So, in my view, it's back to square one: Firetrust needs to provide MailWasher with a password-protection option.

:toetap

=^..^=
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:38 am

Flyvapnet wrote:My reply has been delayed due to various and sundry real-life requirements. Anyway ... thanks for that link, TrustFire! It worked, up to a point. I was able to download and install the application, only to discover it was a 30-day trial. I realize now that's what I should have expected, but at the time it didn't occur to me. Duh!

:oops:
Well, did you by any chance forget to use the promo page to receive your free promotional key? :)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:06 am

rajah45523 wrote:Hi Flyvapnet,
I've never used or know of this free program, but it may suit your needs.

> http://www.paehl.de/cms/protectexe

Regards, M..
Already suggested, here.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:33 am

No problems, bro. - I like the manner in which you've structured your signature. Wish everyone else would follow your example - that would make it so much more easier (especially for the beta-testers) to provide accurate solutions to issues within a shorter time frame. :)
bluetechspace
It begins with a single step

Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:20 pm

BlueTech Space has some interesting blogs on different topics around the world. The craze of BTS music and thier fan following. You can know all about how many songs does bts have from the writings of bluetech.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”