Reporting tick boxes disappearing

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

Reporting tick boxes disappearing

Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:44 am

I tried to set up my MW to report and forward my spam to Knujon, Spamcop, and the US Federal government (I'm a bleeding Yank :| ). I noticed that if I click on those little icons in the REPORTING column, they get a tick mark next to them. However, some of the emails clearly marked as spam seem to lose those icons. Just now, after the latest update, most of the emails lost their icons.

Am I supposed to click those icons?

Regards

Alan
Attachments
MailWasher_Error_2012_0317_B.gif
Missing reporting icons
MailWasher_Error_2012_0317_B.gif (19.51 KiB) Viewed 9473 times

Alan Stancliff
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Re: Reporting tick boxes disappearing

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:06 am

There is a bug in the grid code that can cause the reporting icons to disappear if you scroll them off screen and back on, clearing the grid and re-checking usually brings them back. The firetrust folks are working on revised grid code to fix this and a couple other issues but no date has been announced.

Some folks have updated graphics drivers and seen less problems but not everybody that has tried has lucked out.
I am not a Firetrust employee just a MW user.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:11 am

stan_qaz wrote:There is a bug in the grid code that can cause the reporting icons to disappear if you scroll them off screen and back on, clearing the grid and re-checking usually brings them back. The firetrust folks are working on revised grid code to fix this and a couple other issues but no date has been announced.

Some folks have updated graphics drivers and seen less problems but not everybody that has tried has lucked out.
So, do I have to tic the little icons? Or can I just assume all spam is getting forwarded? By the way, it must be the middle of the night in KiwiLand. I didn't expect a response so soon. Thanks :D

Regards,

Alan

Alan Stancliff
anniebrion
βeta Tester

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:15 am

You have to tick them then click the wash button before the reports are sent.

Only Rusticdog is from NZ, most of us don't work for Firetrust and just help out in our spare time and we are based all over the world :)
Annie.......... PC details
Mailwasher Pro βeta [v 7.12.39]
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 am

Who is who on the forums: http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6746

Some folks put their location under their picture to the left of the posts or in their profile too.

You'll see a "REPORTING TO SPAM SERVICES" on the status line while reports are being generated and sent.
--
First rule of computer consulting: Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day,
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:26 am

anniebrion wrote:You have to tick them then click the wash button before the reports are sent.

Only Rusticdog is from NZ, most of us don't work for Firetrust and just help out in our spare time and we are based all over the world :)
Hi AnnieBrion,

It's a bit tricky to tick the icons when the vanish. I'm new to this version of MW, having used the old one for many years. I decided to get the new one to support FireTrust a bit.

I also realized that most of the folks offering help here are not FT employees and have always appreciated them.

stan_qaz wrote:Who is who on the forums: http://forum.firetrust.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=6746

Some folks put their location under their picture to the left of the posts or in their profile too.

You'll see a "REPORTING TO SPAM SERVICES" on the status line while reports are being generated and sent.
Thanks Stan_Gaz

I just noticed the location on the status line. I just remembered I had put mine in there when I registered a long time ago as the "Far Northwest corner of USA" as many folks don't know US geography very well. I actually live in Washington State, which many non-USA residents get confused with Washington DC, thousands of miles away.

By the way, while I'm venting my spleen a bit, I noticed that the only language I could check was "British English." Actually, my dialect is Standard American English, and I'm also fairly fluent in Mexican Spanish. I don't know how important that is to put in my profile.

Regards,

Alan

Alan Stancliff
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:08 pm

The language pull down arrow also shows English (US).
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
stan_qaz
Omniscient Kiwi

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm

We have a continuing problem with the Firetrust folks putting up language options like "Proper English" when they mean that funny stuff they speak on some of the odd lot of islands scattered about. What you check there isn't what you speak but the language the forum web text will appear in.

Nothing to do but give them a hard time about their language issues, they are too stubborn to admit they are wrong and fix it.
--
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:31 pm

alanstancliff wrote:It's a bit tricky to tick the icons when the vanish.
Yes, this does seldom seem to happen - when nothing works in getting them back, just try the following:-
C >>----> Y >>----> F5
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Sidewinder wrote:The language pull down arrow also shows English (US).
The only one my drop-down shows is British English.

My wife, who recently died, was British. She was a retired English, French, and Spanish literature teacher. For years, she would not speak Spanish because her Spanish wasn't perfect, and she was a perfectionist. I often talked to her in Spanish, and she answered in English. When I made a mistake in my grammar, she'd correct it. :lol: Although she was a bit rusty, her knowledge of Spanish was better than mine by far, although I spoke it since I was a child.

She was a lovely woman, and I miss her.

Regards,

Alan

Alan Stancliff
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:23 pm

alanstancliff wrote:
Hope you're running the latest MailWasher Pro 1.11.0
English__(US).png
The linguist's husband walks in and discovers his wife sleeping with a young co-ed. He says, "Why, Sandra - I'm surprised."
She bolts upright, points her finger and corrects him, "No. I am SURPRISED. You are ASTONISHED."
English__(US).png (189.81 KiB) Viewed 9435 times
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Maciek
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:05 am

TrustFire
Thank you for your appreciation :)
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:33 am

alanstancliff wrote:

My wife, who recently died, was British. She was a retired English, French, and Spanish literature teacher. For years, she would not speak Spanish because her Spanish wasn't perfect, and she was a perfectionist. I often talked to her in Spanish, and she answered in English. When I made a mistake in my grammar, she'd correct it. :lol: Although she was a bit rusty, her knowledge of Spanish was better than mine by far, although I spoke it since I was a child.

She was a lovely woman, and I miss her.

Regards,

Alan
Should be the top entry in the list:
MWP Lang.jpg
MWP Lang.jpg (51.38 KiB) Viewed 9399 times
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
alanstancliff
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:58 am

It's been many months. Does anyone know if the disappearing tic grid problem is going to be fixed? Fairly soon, it will be time to upgrade, and I'd like to have this fixed by then.

Regards,
Alan
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:01 am

I rarely come across this one, with the latest beta releases - maybe, once in a month.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”