Unable to pick up mail from ISP or delete trash

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
mlrichardson
Active Albatross

Unable to pick up mail from ISP or delete trash

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:34 am

I had been having a problem with MWP (MW Pro V 1.20.0) either not connecting to my ISP or if it connected, downloading the emails from the server. At the same time, I would try to wash the mail and was unable to make a new connection to do that. A short explanation on how I use MWP: I leave it off unless I want to check mail. I then start MWP and download all the mail currently waiting on the ISP server. Then I mark anything I don't want that isn't already marked and run the wash. I then shut down MWP until the next time I want to run it. This is usually about once a day. I was trying to find any reason for MWP having the connection problems when it dawned on me I was having the same problem when I started T-bird! So... I contacted AT&T, my ISP (U-verse DSL), and was told they were having problems with their servers. No up front explanation, you had to ask! Typical of AT&T, but since I'm a retired AT&T employee, I'm not about to find another provider, they could never match what I pay.

Anyway, if you also use AT&T, and you've been having the same login problems, now you know why.
Mike Richardson
MS Windows 10 Pro
Vipre Internet Security
Firefox 27.0, Thunderbird 24.3.0, MWPro, WP Office X3

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.
Mark Twain

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”