Mails stays in Mailwasher 7.2?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Knagsted
Student Sheep

Mails stays in Mailwasher 7.2?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:14 am

Now and then deleted mails stays in the Mailwasher even if they are deleted from Outlook 2010 and from the server. I have tried to delete the mask and let Mailwasher check for mail again and the "none existent" mails reappears. Can it be stored on the Pc somewhere? Windows 7 32 bit.

Peter.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: Mails stays in Mailwasher 7.2?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:39 am

Make sure that the account that the emails come from is not set in Outlook to Save a Copy on the Server.

If you can access the Account in question via the web take a look and see if the emails in question are actually on the server.
Last edited by Sidewinder on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:41 am

Also MWP does not clear the InBox Grid until the first Check Mail after Outlook's deletion has occurred on the server. It may be a timing issue.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
Knagsted
Student Sheep

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:54 am

I have run Auslogic Boostspeed and it removed two of the ghost mails from Mailwasher but there is still one left from 25. of may. Outlook has checked for mail several times since then. The mail don't exist in Outlook or on the server. I forgot to mention that I use an IMAP account.

Peter.
Peter
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:10 am

Knagsted wrote:I have run Auslogic Boostspeed and it removed two of the ghost mails from Mailwasher but there is still one left from 25. of may. Outlook has checked for mail several times since then. The mail don't exist in Outlook or on the server. I forgot to mention that I use an IMAP account.

Peter.
With IMAP you have to move any of the messages that you download into a folder other than the IMAP Inbox.The messages are still on the server.
Be careful of Auslogic clearing things from MWP it may wipe out all your learning, Friends and Blacklists. Better to exclude MWP from the application.
Knagsted
Student Sheep

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:53 am

I have two Pc's and thats why I use an IMAP account. On my desktop Pc Outlook and Mailwasher is allways the same. When I delete a mail in Outlook it disapears in Mailwasher and on the the server. When I do the same on the laptop the mail disapears in Outlook and on the server but sometime it hangs in Mailwasher. Even if I clear the mask and check for mail the ghost mails reapear. Still only on the laptop.

I don't know why I should move the mails to another folder because I want to see the mails which are on the IMAP server? I will exclude Mailwasher from any smart scanning tools.

Peter.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:34 am

Knagsted wrote:I have two Pc's and thats why I use an IMAP account. On my desktop Pc Outlook and Mailwasher is allways the same. When I delete a mail in Outlook it disapears in Mailwasher and on the the server. When I do the same on the laptop the mail disapears in Outlook and on the server but sometime it hangs in Mailwasher. Even if I clear the mask and check for mail the ghost mails reapear. Still only on the laptop.

I don't know why I should move the mails to another folder because I want to see the mails which are on the IMAP server? I will exclude Mailwasher from any smart scanning tools.

Peter.
I would first double check the Outlook Account Settings on your laptop. It sounds to me that the Outlook setting to leave a copy on the server may be enabled.

You need to have MWP doing the Check Mail first and then start Outlook from MWP to do the deletions etc. first then manually do the Send/Receive in Outlook to process the good mail. Moving the messages to another IMAP folder does not remove them from the server. MWP should only be set to look at the IMAP Inbox.
Knagsted
Student Sheep

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 am

I have checked and Outlook is not set to leave a copy on the server and I treat the two systems in the same way. When I send an email from the one Pc and receive it on the other both Outlook, Mailwasher and the server behaves ok. It's the same when I delete an email on the one Pc. I will run through the settings once more in Outlook and in Mailwasher on the laptop and maybe reinstall Mailwasher after a cleanup - it can't harm.

Thanks for the advices.

Peter.
Peter
Knagsted
Student Sheep

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Problem solved! I have uninstalled an reinstalled Mailwasher.

Peter.
Peter

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”