MailWasher launch on Windows startup

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
DavidLunn
Rattled Rabbit

MailWasher launch on Windows startup

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 pm

I am running MailWasher Pro 7.2 on Windows 7. How do I stop MailWasher automatically launching on Windows start up. I have set Settings/General/Startup to 'None'.
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Re: MailWasher launch on Windows startup

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Go to the Windows startup folder and delete the MWP icon.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
DavidLunn
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:11 am

Thanks for the reply. I would have checked this if there was not the Settings/General/Startup option. Do you know what this is for?
Sidewinder
Weary Womble

Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:57 am

DavidLunn wrote:Thanks for the reply. I would have checked this if there was not the Settings/General/Startup option. Do you know what this is for?
The installer menu is not clear and tends to default to the start-up folder. When that happens the MWP setting loses control.
I am not a Firetrust employee. Just a MW User & Volunteer BETA Tester.
Remember "FREEDOM IS NEVER FREE" U.S.N.
DT W7 64 HP SP1 16GB Ram - LT W7 32 HP SP1 4GB Ram - iPad4 64 GB Ram WiFi/Cellular IOS 9.3 Beta 3
ataraxy
Knowledgeable Kea

Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:57 am

DavidLunn wrote:I would have checked this if there was not the Settings/General/Startup option. Do you know what this is for?
There is a bug in the installer that sometimes puts a start up entry in the All Users area. As this isn't where it's supposed to go, the setting can't delete it.
Windows 10
DavidLunn
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks for the information.
SSTSylvain
Modérateur française

Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:45 am

http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... ws-startup

How can I stop MailWasher from starting up at Windows startup?

Answer: Click, Settings>>General>>Application, and from the "Startup:" menu select, "Launch when windows starts", and click Save, then select, "None" and click Save again.
If this doesn't work, please check the startup folder under Start>>All Programs>>Startup to ensure MailWasher is not listed there.
If not, click Start, search for msconfig and click msconfig.exe.
Click the startup tab, and uncheck MailWasher if there.
SSTSylvain
Moderator, Translator, Beta Testor
Fletcher
It begins with a single step

Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:18 am

I've done this but MailWasher still launches on startup every time. It's becoming very annoying. I don't want to uninstall it so is there another way to stop it launching at startup?
Last edited by Fletcher on Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:01 am

Fletcher wrote:
SSTSylvain wrote:http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... ws-startup

Answer: Click, Settings>>General>>Application, and from the "Startup:" menu select, "Launch when windows starts", and click Save, then select, "None" and click Save again.
If this doesn't work, please check the startup folder under Start>>All Programs>>Startup to ensure MailWasher is not listed there.
I've done this but MailWasher still launches on startup every time. It's becoming very annoying. I don't want to uninstall it so is there another way to stop it launching at startup?
Did you try this method — you may also want to check for and delete the MWP shortcut from the locations mentioned here. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Arynews
It begins with a single step

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:44 pm

SSTSylvain wrote: http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... ws-startup[/url]

I've done this but MailWasher still launches on startup every time. https://arynews.tv/en/category/pakistan-elections-2018/ Pakistan Election is 2018 It's becoming very annoying. I don't want to uninstall it so is there another way to stop it launching at startup?
Last edited by Arynews on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Arynews wrote:
SSTSylvain wrote:http://www.firetrust.com/en/products/ma ... ws-startup

Didn't you try the 2 suggestions on my previous post?
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”