Feature for consideration

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
zeker
Student Sheep

Feature for consideration

Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 am

I'm finding that I depend on bolded text for new messages in MW. I have the setting for marking read at zero seconds, which helps. But it would be even more helpful to have a button or context menu item that will "mark all as read" for when there are multiple new messages.

Thanks for your consideration!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Feature for consideration

Thu May 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi there

It's not quite the suggestion, but you know you can do this through the Read column ?
If that column is not displaying, you can right click on the column heading and select to display the Read column. The icon in the column once showing, acts as a toggle, so with multiple messages selected (or CTRL + A for all) you can just click to mark/unmark as read.

Cheers
zeker
Student Sheep

Thu May 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Thanks! I hadn't noticed the "read" column. Helps, but still cumbersome. I can click the oldest unread and hold up arrow to scroll through. I have that value to mark read set to zero seconds, so that works. Still not particularly friendly though.

I wonder about making it an option, when clicking the "Read" column header, to have it set either toggle selected messages or to toggle all messages. That would, in effect, create a button for a single click function.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu May 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Yeah we can do that. We have that feature already in the Delete column, clicking that box acts as a toggle for all emails, so we can do the same in the Read column.
zeker
Student Sheep

Thu May 21, 2015 2:21 pm

Thanks very much! I didn't realize you were with Firetrust 'till that second reply.

I wasn't aware of the multi-nature of the delete column either. Very elegant!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu May 21, 2015 2:37 pm

No problem :thumbsup

Can't say for sure when this might be done, but it's on the list now.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”