Extracting email account data from MW

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Extracting email account data from MW

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:07 am

I'm in the process of changing to a new laptop. I managed to export the PST files from Outlook 2007 and place them in the Outlook Files folder of Outlook 2016. In the process of opening Outlook 2016 for the first time I was forced to create an email account so chose one of my existing ones. I then asked Outlook to open the existing PST file.

All went well in that my mails and contacts are all present however, only the one email address I created is available and I have no idea how to get Outlook to recognize them stored in its PST file. The next step was to reinstall MW and as usual, MW scans the PST file for mail accounts. It found them all but asked for their passwords which I have lost. So I imported my backup of MWs settings and everything was back to normal, as far as MW is concerned.

Is there any way I can export the mail account data including passwords from MW so I can add them all back to Outlook? The trouble is they are obviously already in the PST file s perhaps there's a method of getting Outlook 2016 to recognize them?
ukpeterg
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Extracting email account data from MW

Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:27 am

Well, this is a sh*t as there are no reply's and I am having the same problem. Yes, I know this is a mega old post, but it is also the newest post relating to my problem.

So, I am 69 years old and I am a retired Electronics and Computing engineer ( I can use equipment such as an Oscilloscope and wave generator to locate component problems at board level), so I do know what I am doing on a pc. Just to elaborate on this, I was using pc's in 1977 :)

Is it possible to export my MW data for all my mail accounts (including passwords - or not) to a file that I can import into MS Outlook? I look after 14 active accounts, so it will be a real hassle to re-input them all.

If anyone has a solution for this, I would be eternally grateful :)

If this is not possible, then please just let me know, and I will get typing. Thank you for reading this very old post - I salute you.
ukpeterg
Rattled Rabbit

Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:28 am

I deleted this, as it was a duplicate post - I blame my age ;)
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:40 am

There's no way to import from MailWasher into Outlook unfortunately, as it won't recognise any file that MailWasher creates/uses.
Elektra
Active Albatross

Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:01 am

IMHO, the real issue is Outlook. Despite the many years of development this program has gone through, Microsoft have only worsened its usability. The fact that it is impossible to backup one's mail accounts and import them either into the same version or a newer version is absolutely ridiculous!

I'm paying an annual fee for Office 365 but I have yet to be able to use Outlook because when I transfer my .pst files from Outlook 2016, they had all my mail accounts as separate folders but in Outlook 365, they all appear there displaying the amount of mails contained in each box. However, there are no mails to be viewed because in order to restore my mail accounts, each one has to be recreated manually and that creates an empty mailbox. The import option makes no difference, neither does pasting the original .pst into the Outlook files folder. And the cherry on the cake is that Microsoft's support is non-existent.
ukpeterg
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:32 am

Well, I guess that answers my question, lol.
I will be away for a few days whilst I find all the info for these accounts and then retype them all. :(

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”