Spam filter over-riding Friends list

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Jasnick
Travelling Tuatara

Spam filter over-riding Friends list

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 pm

A client's emails are being deleted due to being flagged as spam from one of my filters that bear no relation whatsoever to the email contents. I have put the Domain and the Sender in my Friends list but this has not made any difference.

I thought that being in the Friends list would mean the emails are automatically let through. Is this not the case?

It's a bit embarrassing as I very very rarely lose emails like this so never thought to check the Recycle Bin when the client started wondering why I was not answering.

Anyway, when I Restore the emails, the attachments are gone. is there a way to get them back or not?

Thanks
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Spam filter over-riding Friends list

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:32 pm

Jasnick wrote:A client's emails are being deleted due to being flagged as spam from one of my filters that bear no relation whatsoever to the email contents.
I assume you are referring to one or more Filters configured to auto-delete mails?

Jasnick wrote:I have put the Domain and the Sender in my Friends list but this has not made any difference.

I thought that being in the Friends list would mean the emails are automatically let through. Is this not the case?
Filters take precedence over the Friends List and rightly so.

Jasnick wrote:Anyway, when I Restore the emails, the attachments are gone. is there a way to get them back or not?

Thanks
Short answer — no.

It is also the reason why we do not promote the auto-delete Filter — it is definitely for the careful worker.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Jasnick
Travelling Tuatara

Re: Spam filter over-riding Friends list

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Thanks TrustFire - very informative
Will re-jig the one filter I have set to auto-delete

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”