Using POP3 in outlook

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Riftvalley
Student Sheep

Using POP3 in outlook

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 am

Hi, Please can someone help me.

For many years I have used Mailwasher with Outlook and it has served me well.

I now keep getting the same messages appearing after I have deleted them.

What I want is appropriate settings to use POP3 with Outlook 2016 on my desktop computer, allow my email traffic to remain on the Talktalk servers for 14 days. I want all the emails to be available from mailwasher and if I delete them in Mailwasher I want them gone forever. During the 14 day period that I set in Outlook I still want my non-deleted emails to be available in my Spartphone IMAP account.

I only want my emails to appear once in Mailwasher and if deleted I never want to see them again. I keep getting emails coming back time and time again even after I have deleted them in Mailwasher. I also get some emails bypassing Mailwasher and popping up in Outlook.

Clearly, I seem to have set my system incorrectly. Please can someone let me know what settings I should use so that messages only appear in Mailwasher if they are new or I have not deleted them. Preferably I would also like to not see accepted good status emails re-appearing in Mailwasher after I have registered them as good.

I want to return to the peace of mind that I had previously where mailwasher cleaned out all the unwanted material and it never re-appeared.

Kind regards

Martin
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Using POP3 in outlook

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Riftvalley wrote:I now keep getting the same messages appearing after I have deleted them.
  • Where do you keep getting the messages, and
  • From where are you deleting them?
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Using POP3 in outlook

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:57 pm

Riftvalley wrote:I want to return to the peace of mind that I had previously where mailwasher cleaned out all the unwanted material and it never re-appeared.

Kind regards

Martin
Ensure that the protocol on your Outlook is set to POP3 and then follow this step-by-step pictorial.
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”