Mailwasher opens new Outlook screen every time

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
danyb
Rattled Rabbit

Mailwasher opens new Outlook screen every time

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:33 am

Mailwasher Pro 7.5.0 - Windows 7 PC - Outlook 2007 from Windows Office suit.
My Outlook opens at startup. When I use the Outlook button in Mailwasher Outlook opens again.

I also have a Windows Vista pc. Here I do not have the issue. I push the Outlook button and the already opened Outlook is shown.

I do not know when the issue started - I have it for some time now but thought it was caused by Windows.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Mailwasher opens new Outlook screen every time

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:49 am

danyb wrote:My Outlook opens at startup. When I use the Outlook button in Mailwasher Outlook opens again.
Which of those two, do you want — or, not want?

danyb wrote:My Outlook opens at startup. When I use the Outlook button in Mailwasher Outlook opens again.
When you are aware that your Outlook is already open, why would you still want to click the Outlook button on MailWasher?
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:41 pm

danyb wrote:Mailwasher Pro 7.5.0 - Windows 7 PC - Outlook 2007 from Windows Office suit.
My Outlook opens at startup. When I use the Outlook button in Mailwasher Outlook opens again.........
:!: I'd suggest you to use the /recycle switch, when starting Outlook from MW

(in MW): settings>>general>>washing mail>>(wash mail settings) click the button and choose "other application" There enter the full path to your Outlook.exe followed by /recycle. Should be something like
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\outlook.exe /recycle (this is how it looks here; you should use the right path on your machine of course)..

That should do the trick! :D
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
danyb
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 pm

TrustFire wrote: When you are aware that your Outlook is already open, why would you still want to click the Outlook button on MailWasher?
Because in the past (and on my Vista) it worked well:
I look at my mails in Mailwasher and then click the Outlook button to open Outlook.
As a matter of fact my Mailwasher was set to go to Outlook after cleaning up the unwanted mails.
Now I have to : Close Mailwasher and then click Outlook in the taskbar.
danyb
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:36 pm

racker wrote:
danyb wrote:Mailwasher Pro 7.5.0 - Windows 7 PC - Outlook 2007 from Windows Office suit.
My Outlook opens at startup. When I use the Outlook button in Mailwasher Outlook opens again.........
:!: I'd suggest you to use the /recycle switch, when starting Outlook from MW

(in MW): settings>>general>>washing mail>>(wash mail settings) click the button and choose "other application" There enter the full path to your Outlook.exe followed by /recycle. Should be something like
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\outlook.exe /recycle (this is how it looks here; you should use the right path on your machine of course)..

That should do the trick! :D
Thank you Racker - I will try that as soon as I am back home (after November 11th) - will come back here to let you know if it worked
danyb
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:31 am

Racker,
I have been extremely busy. Yesterday I found time to try your solution.
In fact the setting for washing mail on this PC was "other application" and the full path was given.
I added the /recycle but that gave an error.
I then discovered that in the options I could opt for Outlook (the office icon was showing). I used that and my problem is solved.
In fact on the laptop, where I had the Outlook for washing I did not have the problem.
So : it seems my problem was caused by using "other application" with a path to the Outlook.exe.

Anyway : I discovered this thanks to your post - so thank you very much for the help

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”