Friends List & Blacklist suddenly disappear

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Dominix
Rattled Rabbit

Friends List & Blacklist suddenly disappear

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:08 am

I have noticed this bug for several releases, at least since version 6. Sometimes, and for no apparent reason, the lists just disappear. It happened again just now, only this time I spotted it happening after I emptied the Recycle Bin. In desperation, after toggling between various views to no avail, I closed and re-opened the client. Thankfully, some of the entries came back, but only a very small fraction. Where before I had several dozen, possibly hundreds, of entries in my blacklist, now there are only 13.

So all the history wiped out just like that!

I know that firetrust cannot recover the list, but it would be useful to know that they will fix this very annoying bug!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Friends List & Blacklist suddenly disappear

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:48 am

Do you have any kind of cleaning software to recover disk space ?

Also too, for each, under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Friends List/Blacklist >> select the Options tab >> you can set MailWasher to not expire entries.
Dominix
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Thank you, unfortunately not.

What a ridiculous setting to add and how stupid to have it checked by default! Especially as there is no warning that all your diligent work is about to be deleted! I notice, too, that "Never mark for delete" is checked but that there is no mouse-over help. And there was me thinking that it was the "safety catch", to ensure that nothing got removed from your Blacklist or Friends List; silly me!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:39 pm

That setting ought not to effect entries unless they go for that number of days unmatched. Say you had the blacklisting set to expire after 200 days, you need to have not received an email from that sender for 200 days for it to get removed.

I don't feel like that is going to be the cause of the issue here, given how you describe the problem. But felt it was worth mentioning.

See how it goes anyway, if you keep losing the entries that would imply that something is deleting information from the database file
Dominix
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Thank you, I will monitor more closely from now on.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”