Cannot check G-Mail.

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Cannot check G-Mail.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 am

I cannot get MailWasher Pro 7.6.0 to connect to my G-Mail account. I am using pop.gmail.com for incoming with port 995 and with both server requires secure connection (SSL) and Use secure authentication checked. I've tried it with pipelining both on and off. For outgoing, I'm using smtp.gmail.com and port 587, server requires secure connection, Use same settings as my incoming mail server and secure connection TLS. I have attached four screen shots of the pop-ups I get when MailWasher tries to connect. The top part of shot 1 pops up first and then, shortly after, the bottom part with shot 2 popping up over it. Both pop-ups are always the same except for a variation of the Char. number in shot 2. If I click on "Yes" to continue running scripts, shot 2 script error goes away. I can then click on my address as instructed in shot 1. I will get pop ups 3 & 4. When I click "Yes" again, the script error goes away and I can enter my password. Then, everything just goes away and I am left with just an open MailWasher.
Attachments
Mailwasher 1.jpg
Mailwasher 1.jpg (128.2 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Mailwasher 2.jpg
Mailwasher 2.jpg (34.06 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Mailwasher 3.jpg
Mailwasher 3.jpg (62.28 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
Mailwasher 4.jpg
Mailwasher 4.jpg (40.95 KiB) Viewed 5593 times
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Cannot check G-Mail.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 pm

Don't recall seeing those script errors before.

The quick fx would be to go here https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps and be sure it's set "Allow less secure apps: ON"

Then in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> Advanced >> uncheck the option to use OAUTH.
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks for the info. I have checked something similar there in the past (don;t remember what exactly), but will double check to make sure I didn't miss something.
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:07 am

I checked my G-Mail account and I have less secure apps set to on. However, I can find no such setting for MailWasher as "OAUTH". Here is a shot of what I have:
Attachments
Mailwasher 5.jpg
Mailwasher 5.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 5571 times
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:21 am

oauth.jpg
oauth.jpg (85.88 KiB) Viewed 5568 times
jetjock wrote:I checked my G-Mail account and I have less secure apps set to on. However, I can find no such setting for MailWasher as "OAUTH". Here is a shot of what I have:
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:28 am

Oh I see. Uncheck the option "Use Secure Authentication" shown in your screenshot jetjock. You don't need that enabled.
racker
Knowledgeable Kea

Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:28 pm

rusticdog wrote:Oh I see. Uncheck the option "Use Secure Authentication" shown in your screenshot jetjock. You don't need that enabled.
Ehhrm.... that was *my* screenshot, helping the OP to find the OAUTH option... :mrgreen:
Beta tester.. oh well! ;)..
Mobile phone: Moto G5 on Android 8
MWP FAQ
¡Nederlandstalige gebruiksaanwijzing!
...Imagine all the people, sharing all the world...
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:53 am

Here's an update. I decided to try another computer since non of the suggestions I got were working. MailWasher was able to connect to G-Mail just fine on the other machine. There is something on this machine that is preventing me from logging in to my Google account. I have tried three Web browsers now, and non will log in to my Google account. Strange that is ONLY my Google account that is being blocked---and only on this machine!

Thanks for the suggestions. At least now I know that MailWasher is not the problem.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”