Using Outlook

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
turtle631
Mystified Moa

Using Outlook

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:09 am

I have been using Mailwasher ever since it was first started and love the program.
But now that Vodafone are getting rid of their email service we are all having to change email address's.
i have set mine up with Outlook.co.nz as we are in NZ
But I cannot get it to work in Mailwasher
Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Using Outlook

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:38 am

Here are my settings for Outlook in MailWasher you can compare to.
imap.png
imap.png (38.47 KiB) Viewed 5741 times

If you'd rather use POP instead of IMAP, then you need to be sure it's enabled here https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/options/popandimap and also on that page further down it details the server settings.

Worth mentioning, in my screenshot I'm using outlook.office365.com as the server address, not imap-mail.outlook.com
Using either is fine.
turtle631
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:44 pm

HI there,
Using the imap settings for Outlook.co.nz it fails to connect to the server.
That is incoming and outgoing

It cant be because of the encrypted settings because I have a gmail account coming into Mail washer as well and it uses ports 995 and 465
Last edited by turtle631 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:47 pm

OK
If you logon to your Outlook account here, https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/options/popandimap
Try just using the settings they suggest. It says TLS, but SSL is fine also.
turtle631
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:48 pm

HI I used the settings they suggested but it still failed, very weird

Description: Failed to login to server "imap-mail.outlook.com" for your Outlook account

Diagnosis:

This could suggest the following problems:

- Your username or password is incorrect.
- The server address is incorrect.
- You are trying to connect through an invalid port.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Your username you have entered is emailaddress@outlook.co.nz or emailaddress@outlook.com ?

Although the website outlook.co.nz redirects properly, I can't seemingly create an @outlook.co.nz email address. So makes me think it should be outlook.com
turtle631
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:41 pm

email is address@outlook.co.nz for sure.
after hotmail it directed me to setup Outlook using a .co.nz address rather than .com, that was a long time ago tho

I have tired it with .co.nz and .com no different.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Great, found the right link this time.
I've created a new Outlook.co.nz account, I use these settings below all OK. So given I imagine you have that same setup, you want to be sure the right password is entered, and also if you have an AntiVirus email scanner, disable that.

Should that not help at all, can you try sending me some logs. If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'no outlook' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

imap.png
imap.png (37.96 KiB) Viewed 5732 times
turtle631
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:11 pm

It worked Yay! But in doing that it downloaded a heap of mail that I already had in my Outlook which is fine and then I deleted from Mailwasher and they all disappeared from my online as well as Outlook on the computer. Will see how it goes but it is nice to have working again as the spam from my Vodafone account has been awful.
Why would deleting it in Mailwasher remove it from my outlook??
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:15 pm

turtle631 wrote:It worked Yay! But in doing that it downloaded a heap of mail that I already had in my Outlook which is fine and then I deleted from Mailwasher and they all disappeared from my online as well as Outlook on the computer. Will see how it goes but it is nice to have working again as the spam from my Vodafone account has been awful.
Why would deleting it in Mailwasher remove it from my outlook??
So this because Outlook is using IMAP as well.

IMAP is a synchronised email setup, so the emails you see in the Outlook Inbox are still kept on the server in the Inbox, consequently shown by MailWasher. Delete an email from MailWasher and it will remove from Outlook, and vice versa.

When you move an email from the Outlook Inbox to a subfolder, MailWasher will no longer see it. Also too emails you read in Outlook will not load in MailWasher (assuming you have kept 'Download Read EMails' as shown in above screenshot unchecked)

Optionally, you could recreate the account in Outlook as a POP account, and set it up so when Outlook retrieves a message, it deletes the copy on the server, which would remove this from any other program seeing it.
turtle631
Mystified Moa

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Ok we have to go out now but will have a look later, why is nothing ever simple?? Lol!! Thanks for your help and you may hear back from me :)

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”