MW Pro 7.11.0 - Mailwasher has stopped deleting emails.

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
emmrecs
Travelling Tuatara

Re: MW Pro 7.11.0 - Mailwasher has stopped deleting emails.

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:16 pm

Having suffered a very recent computer "total failure" and having therefore been forced into a complete reinstallation of everything from the OS (Win 10 Pro) onwards, I discovered that, for some reason unknown to me, my previous email client, Windows Live Mail, would not reinstall. So, as an Office subscriber, I decided to move to using Outlook 2016. As a result I found myself experiencing the same problem as the OP, MW Pro deleted emails were still arriving in my Inbox.

I had noticed that Outlook automatically configured my email account as IMAP, never realising that the user could redesignate it as pop3, (though Outlook seems to think it is still IMAP) and never even guessing that this could be the reason for those "deleted" emails still appearing.

I'm very glad I found this thread! Thank you to the OP and to the respondents who pointed me in the right direction!

:D
Duck
Active Albatross

Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:20 am

Hey RD,

Long time no chat! How are you? I had a problem develop this morning and I find that others have had similar issues. My MWP will wash the emails into my Windows Live Mail, BUT they remain in the MWP program and I can't get rid of them unless I delete them individually. I haven't made any changes or tried to reload the program until I talked to you folks first.....in case you wanted to look at any logs or have me do any tests.

Merry Christmas

P.S. I sent you some logs.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:34 am

emmrecs wrote:I had noticed that Outlook automatically configured my email account as IMAP, never realising that the user could redesignate it as pop3, (though Outlook seems to think it is still IMAP) and never even guessing that this could be the reason for those "deleted" emails still appearing.

I'm very glad I found this thread! Thank you to the OP and to the respondents who pointed me in the right direction!

:D
Also, reports from members seem to indicate that Microsoft revert some of their app. features to default (post Windows Update) — that should explain why Outlook misbehaves while leaving the user with a feeling that something might have changed in MailWasher. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
Duck
Active Albatross

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:38 pm

Duck wrote:My MWP will wash the emails into my Windows Live Mail, BUT they remain in the MWP program and I can't get rid of them unless I delete them individually. I haven't made any changes or tried to reload the program until I talked to you folks first.....in case you wanted to look at any logs or have me do any tests.

Merry Christmas

P.S. I sent you some logs.
I guess I'll answer my own post :lol: I got a very quick response from Firetrust with some suggestions. I whipped out my laptop and started looking at the configurations for both email programs. I'm using Windows Live Mail (WLM). I then noticed that I had made some changes that put me more in line with my ISP's merger. I'm a Time Warner/Spectrum customer. Well, after making the changes, I'm good to go. For the Spectrum users, they really want you to use mail.twc.com as their server instead of mail.nc.rr.com.

Good Luck
Ozlander
Student Sheep

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:23 am

I've also been having the same problem with deleting for the last month or so. Sometime it deletes, sometimes it doesn't.

And I also have a recent problem in that Mailwasher Pro won't/can't log on to my two accounts, which are POP3, but Outlook can. And then later, that problem goes away. Today it hasn't lodged on all day.
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:20 am

Ozlander wrote:I've also been having the same problem with deleting for the last month or so. Sometime it deletes, sometimes it doesn't.

And I also have a recent problem in that Mailwasher Pro won't/can't log on to my two accounts, which are POP3, but Outlook can. And then later, that problem goes away. Today it hasn't lodged on all day.
If my suggestions on this thread did not help resolve your issue, the only thing left for you is to submit your MailWasher logs. ;)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
sloppy33
Active Albatross

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:33 am

rusticdog wrote:Hi Tex

Can you send some logs to have a look at.
First I'd like you repeat the issue, so the emails load into Outlook >> then back in MailWasher do another Check Mail. Once that's all done, then if you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> Enter a brief note like 'emails not deleting' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

Reply back here once sent, so I know to be on the lookout for them.

Cheers
Chris
I have this same problem Chris so sending my log files to you as well :cry:
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:27 am

sloppy33 wrote:I have this same problem Chris so sending my log files to you as well :cry:
Can you go into Settings >> Accounts >> select the Incoming tab >> set the account to IMAP at the top >> change the server address to imap.tools.sky.com >> Save. This should connect, then switch it back to POP >> change the server address to pop.tools.sky.com >> Save.

Hopefully that works.

If not, then you may need to remove your account entirely >> restart MailWasher >> then re-add the account.

Thanks
fdispensiere
Rattled Rabbit

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:52 am

I recently started experiencing the same problem. E-mail provider is Verizon. Mail reader is Thunderbird. Total of three accounts: two with Gmail and one with my website. The emails delete in Mailwasher during WASH and then show up in Thunderbird when that opens. Thanks for any advice or assistance. Love Mailwasher - I hope we can get it working correctly again. Happy New Year. F. Dispensiere.

I also sent you the support log(s).
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:18 am

fdispensiere wrote:I recently started experiencing the same problem. E-mail provider is Verizon. Mail reader is Thunderbird. Total of three accounts: two with Gmail and one with my website. The emails delete in Mailwasher during WASH and then show up in Thunderbird when that opens. Thanks for any advice or assistance. Love Mailwasher - I hope we can get it working correctly again. Happy New Year. F. Dispensiere.

I also sent you the support log(s).
First thing I would check is the settings are the same.

In ThunderBird you can go into Tools >> Account Settings >> for the effected account(s) select Server Settings on the left >> make a note of the Server Type, Server Name, Port, Username, and Connection Security >> then check it's the same in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming Mail....to see the Port Number and SSL option you also need to click Advanced.

Changing Server Type isn't easy in ThunderBird, so I'd recommend changing MailWasher to match if necessary.
LaFemme
Mystified Moa

Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:52 am

I have also noticed this behavior in the last several days. At first I thought I simply didn't click on Wash, but I've established that this is not the case. I use Thunderbird to connect to my Comcast mail. I've examined settings for that account on both Thunderbird and MailWasher, and all settings are identical. I hope the cause for this performance issue can be identified, as being able to delete unwanted/undesirable mail is the primary reason for using MailWasher. :cry:
JcJules
Mystified Moa

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:09 am

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have the same issue. I run MWP with Windows 10 on two machines and with Windows 7 on one. I use Microsoft Outlook 2010 to view my emails. With only one of the Windows 10 machines running, I have opened MWP (with Outlook closed) and have deleted the same 20+ emails more than 10 times. 15 minutes later when MWP does another sweep, those same emails re-appear. I have 8 email accounts that are swept by MWP. Except for one GMail and one Yahoo account which are IMAP, all of the others are POP3 accounts administered by Comcast. Two of the non-deleted emails are on the GMail account, but the other 18 are on the POP3 accounts. The Yahoo account is "newer" (in the last 3 months), but all of the others have been using MWP for 5 years or more. In the past year, this problem is been only sporatic - e.g. I have to order the message "washed" 2-3 times to get rid of it - but eventually it does disappear. In the last week, however, this problem has become a chronic every day issue. As noted, today, I have "washed" these emails 10 times or more, and they keep showing up again on MWP. Unless, fixed, this makes MWP useless to me as a time/work saving utility. After reading the forums, I tried removing the checkmark in "store cached emails" but this didn't solve the problem. This option simply controls whether MWP recognizes the fact that it has or has not, previously shown you an email on your server. For "good" email that I want to keep on my server, I want this option checked to avoid getting delivery of the same email time after time. I do have one fact to offer that has not been mentioned by others. When I finally gave up on MWP and went directly to each of my 8 email account servers to delete these emails, I discovered that each was marked as "unread." As far as I can tell, these 20 emails were never deleted. Rather, the GMail and Comcast servers appear to have simply ignored MWP's instruction to delete. Any ideas or solutions?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:50 am

Make a note of your server address in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> then open a CMD prompt https://www.digitalcitizen.life/7-ways- ... -windows-8 and type ping your.server.address and hit ENTER. Make a note here of the IP address that returns and try entering that as the server address in MailWasher.

Do this just for your Comcast accounts first, see how it goes.

Also if you have an AntiVirus email scanner, turn it off.
JcJules
Mystified Moa

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Can you explain why you think that this will help? This seems to be no more than a test to be sure that MWP is communicating with my email server(s). Obviously MWP is finding my server and communicating with it - because it keeps downloading all of the emails that I am receiving in my accounts. My concern is that I have been using the "mail.comcast.net" server address for more than 5 years in MWP with no problems. That is the incoming server address that Comcast tells me to use. I don't like having to change it as a condition of making MWP work. I will comply with your suggestion if this is a test of some factor that I am overlooking, but I'm not comfortable changing my server address to an IP number as a permanent solution. As you are aware, hackers can easily change IP addresses to misdirect a user, and unless I have the comcast IP numbers memorized, this seems to put me at additional risk. Obviously I have the same concern with turning off my AntiVirus. As a rule, I never do anything on-line when my AntiVirus turned off. I will understand the need for this step if MWP has noted any interference with specific AntiVirus programs, but since you don't even ask me what AntiVirus program I am using, this doesn't seem to be the case. I'm sorry. I want this problem to be solved, and I don't wish to appear uncooperative, but both of your suggestions seem to increase my internet "risk" without any explanation as to why this risk is needed.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:30 pm

The main AntiVirus scanner is the real beef in your protection, any email scanner module doesn't offer much in the way of protection that the main scanner does not.

But as it intercepts and may try to filter your email communication, we've seen this can at times cause odd behaviours.

I'm not saying to turn off the whole AV program, just if it has an email scanner module, to disable that component.

As for using the IP address, I'm not certain your concerns about hackers easily changing IP address are valid. If someone has the ability to redirect your machine communication to a set IP address, you machine is already compromised.

The reason for trying the IP address over the ComCast server address is because ComCast has been very problematic these last few months, with many many users having issue. MailWasher hasn't changed, and in the testing I was able to do, everything is working 100%.

What it looks like, is that ComCast servers are not synchronising properly, so when you delete emails from the account, then recheck, it goes to another server that has not yet received the updated information. Or they just have a dodgy server....in either case, using the IP address will hopefully mean you keep hitting the same server.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”