emails not previewing or deleting

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Conquest
Rattled Rabbit

emails not previewing or deleting

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:39 am

Running Version 7.8 under Windows 10. Have run mailwasher for many years without problem. However, suddenly, it has stopped displaying emails and I cannot delete them. When I run a check mail it displays totals for each email account but only displays a small number. It seems to not be displaying spam emails while the good emails display. e.g. run check - says "found 114 (total of 192)" yet only 15 showing in the display.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: emails not previewing or deleting

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:47 am

Hi there

Can you try sending me some logs. If you go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'emails not loading' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

If you can reply back here once sent, so I know to be on the lookout for them.

Cheers
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:49 am

Also to add, a couple of things you can try, if your AntiVIrus has an active email scanner, you could disable that and see if it has any effect.

You could also try removing your account from MailWasher >> restart the program >> then add your account back in.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:03 am

OK got the logs, does look messy with some odd/corrupt data in the logs and a couple of accounts failing to logon.

Your catchall account is failing to connect to the mail server. Looking at this link http://www.fatcow.com/help/article/email-client-setup you need to change your server address to pop.fatcow.com which you can do under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming.

Your browncow is failing with this error
12-08-2017 10:35:10.298 Info S: -ERR Authentication failed.
Under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> I'd re-enter your password and see if that works.

As for the others, I've not actually seen this kind of weirdness in logs before. I would first reboot the machine if you had not already. Then I would either, remove the accounts and add them back, or under Help >> User Files >> open the cache folder >> close MailWasher >> back in the folder you opened rename crypto to something like oldcrypto >> start MailWasher.

Doing that latter step will cause you lose training and the recycle bin data unfortunately.
Conquest
Rattled Rabbit

Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Deleting accounts and adding them back in seems to have worked. Thanks.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”