How to filter spam automatically ?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
furax69
Student Sheep

How to filter spam automatically ?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:21 am

Hello all,

I just bought a pro license for a year ... But I can not seem to find out how to make sure the spam is automatically purged.
If it’s imperative to do it manually by clicking the button Wash, then this software is useless!

Help…
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: How to filter spam automatically ?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 am

Yup, there's several autodelete options available.

You can set your blacklist to automatically delete under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Blacklist >> Options >> enable Autodelete Blacklisted Mails >> Save.

Any Custom Filter you create you can set MailWasher to automatically delete, again under the Option tab when creating/editing a filter.

To autodelete based off the Learning, go to Settings >> Spam Tools >> Spam Ratings. This has a slider value that you can tell MailWasher how aggressively to autodelete. For example, if you haven't altered any learning settings, emails that are very spammy will score around -140, emails that are a bit spammy -70, the closer to zero the less spammy MailWasher thinks it is.

So if MailWasher is getting good results, I'd start at around -120 and reduce it if necessary. Also be sure to keep your Friends List up to date, just to prevent any false positives being removed.

Cheers
furax69
Student Sheep

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:39 pm

I understand...
In fact when we create a rule or declare a blacklisted address, the application is only made to the next mails that will arrive ...

Why not apply the removal of emails already received if they match the criteria we have defined?

This would verify that what we programmed works... It doesn't seem logical to me :(
Last edited by furax69 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:27 pm

Did you try restarting the program ? I don't know of any issues with the blacklist not auto-deleting.

I'd be happy to refund you and you look for something else that suits your needs.
furax69
Student Sheep

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Sorry, we cross our answers...

I understand...
In fact when we create a rule or declare a blacklisted address, the application is only made to the next mails that will arrive ...

Why not apply the removal of emails already received if they match the criteria we have defined?

This would verify that what we programmed works... It doesn't seem logical to me :(
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:38 pm

furax69 wrote:Sorry, we cross our answers...

I understand...

Yes, that's a good point.

However the problem with doing that, is if you created a Custom Filter or a Blacklist entry that was wrong, MailWasher would then automatically delete all the emails. So this way it gives you a way to test what happens, rather than potentially losing good email.
furax69
Student Sheep

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Ok, but if by mistake you build a wrong filter, you always can restaure the correct email... The target is to see whats append ASAP.

I actuialy use A very old software : SpamKiller 2.85... And it do that correctly... I never lost any important email ;)

At leat, it could be an option in Mailwasher (even desactivated by default) ?

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”