Where'd I go wrong here? Explain below too long

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Where'd I go wrong here? Explain below too long

Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:57 am

I thought I was getting on to Mailwasher but now this.

I have no Spam Filters set in Gmail. I turn on the PC first thing this morn. I do not go to the Gmail site or logon.

I have Mailwasher on and it loads 3 emails. So I figure that's it. I WASH the SPAM. Turn on the Gmail program and there are about 5 unread emails. Including the ones marked as SPAM in Mailwasher, after I'd washed them.

MY QUESTION: Since I had not logged onto Gmail how come all these new emails did not show up in Mailwasher first? I guess I had thought that marking them SPAM and WASH in Mailwasher means they would not show up in Gmail. Could this be because Mail App Windows 10 is running from the moment I turn on the PC and allows them before Mailwasher catches them?

I surely am not getting this yet. Thanks so much for any explanation where my thinking is wrong. Thanks Jack ":-\\
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Re: Where'd I go wrong here? Explain below too long

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:19 am

jackdashack wrote:MY QUESTION: Since I had not logged onto Gmail how come all these new emails did not show up in Mailwasher first?
You seem to be using the IMAP protocol, on your Gmail — if yes, you might want to check whether you've selected which Gmail folders MailWasher should be allowed to access (have pointed to a link with Yahoo! as an example — your Gmail account menu on MailWasher would be similar.)
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:24 am

TrustFire wrote:
jackdashack wrote:MY QUESTION: Since I had not logged onto Gmail how come all these new emails did not show up in Mailwasher first?
You seem to be using the IMAP protocol, on your Gmail — if yes, you might want to check whether you've selected which Gmail folders MailWasher should be allowed to access (have pointed to a link with Yahoo! as an example — your Gmail account menu on MailWasher would be similar.)
No, it's been suggested by rusticdog I beleive that I might set up IMAP but I just checked and it's set up for POP. I appreciate your time! Jack ":-\\
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:34 am

In so far as Gmail is concerned, my personal preference too, is POP3 — however, Gmail prohibits POP3 access to Gmail folders other than to the Gmail Inbox.

In order to workaround that Gmail restriction, have been using a filter for many years with 100% success — if you are unable to view the attached inline images at the linked post, check out the following links:—
  1. http://oi52.tinypic.com/1zgt6dh.jpg
  2. http://oi55.tinypic.com/33woz8n.jpg
  3. http://oi54.tinypic.com/2z6729i.jpg
  4. http://oi55.tinypic.com/np1bph.jpg
  5. http://oi52.tinypic.com/2afhclg.jpg
MailWasher Pro (βeta) | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC (22H2) | The Bat! Professional (βeta) | Windows 10 Firewall Control (βeta) | ESET Endpoint Antivirus (βeta) | nVIDIA GeForce (GTX 1060) | WebView2 Runtime (118.0.2088.61) | .NET Framework (4.8.1)
jackdashack
Travelling Tuatara

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:51 am

TrustFire wrote:In so far as Gmail is concerned, my personal preference too, is POP3 — however, Gmail prohibits POP3 access to Gmail folders other than to the Gmail Inbox.

In order to workaround that Gmail restriction, have been using a filter for][/list]
I guess I'm just going to have to play. I've had a pc since 1987 and been on the web since 1996. Done a lot of programs, fixed a lot of problems. But I'm not getting this. I did create what you said above. But all the mail seems to be getting by Mailwasher and landing in Gmail. I mark it SPAM in MW. WASH and even EMPTY it and it still shows up in Gmail somehow.

I'll figure it out I suppose. My err I'm sure. Thanks a bunch! ":-Dx Regards, jack
TrustFire
βeta Tester

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:57 am

jackdashack wrote:But all the mail seems to be getting by Mailwasher and landing in Gmail.
Since you are not using a e-mail client (like Thunderbird or Outlook — for instance) to view/send/receive your mails, there is no remedy for this. Mails always appear first on the Mail Server (Gmail, Yahoo, Rediff, etc., etc.) before MailWasher is able to audit them.

jackdashack wrote:I mark it SPAM in MW. WASH and even EMPTY it and it still shows up in Gmail somehow.
Is your Gmail configured to delete its own copy of mails which have been accessed by MailWasher — if not, Gmail will keep reproducing the mails deleted by MailWasher?

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”