I am needing a way to block top level domains?

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
CWM030
Student Sheep

I am needing a way to block top level domains?

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:02 pm

Hello,

My mom gets alot of junk emails as you see by the image attached from domains like .win .xyz .im, .fr, .ru etc...

https://imgur.com/a/0v9lc

How about ones like these in this picture? ( Sometimes they dont come in as .xyz) just MX(number)...... https://imgur.com/a/blVor

I am needing to know is there a way to block those top level domains and that MX crap.

Thank you,
Chris
Thanks and take care,
Chris M.

Chris@CWM030.com
( I know. and am aware that its bad to add your email address to the bottom of your signature .
I dont mind that my email address is out there, So please don't edit it out.... ) Thanks!
:bow :nono
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: I am needing a way to block top level domains?

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:08 pm

So assuming no legitimate email is received on these TLDs. The quickest way would be to add some entries to the Blacklist as wildcard expressions. You'll want to add them manually and be sure wildcard expression is selected when adding.

For example to catch those in your first screenshot...
*@*.im
*@*.biz
*@*.ro

To catch all the MX ones you could use
*@mx*

Though that would catch something like emailaddress@mxhelp.com as well, but I'm not sure that's going to be an issue.
CWM030
Student Sheep

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:20 pm

( I cant delete this reply )
Thanks and take care,
Chris M.

Chris@CWM030.com
( I know. and am aware that its bad to add your email address to the bottom of your signature .
I dont mind that my email address is out there, So please don't edit it out.... ) Thanks!
CWM030
Student Sheep

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:24 pm

rusticdog wrote:So assuming no legitimate email is received on these TLDs. The quickest way would be to add some entries to the Blacklist as wildcard expressions. You'll want to add them manually and be sure wildcard expression is selected when adding.

For example to catch those in your first screenshot...
*@*.im
*@*.biz
*@*.ro

To catch all the MX ones you could use
*@mx*

Though that would catch something like emailaddress@mxhelp.com as well, but I'm not sure that's going to be an issue.

Thank you so much I added the :
*@*.im
*@*.biz
*@*.ro
*@*.xyz

to her list... I will see if that helps any!

On the MX I dont want to block out any domains that might have like mxdomain.com
Just the afdsasd@mx1.xxx.xxx

The .mx1 .mx2 parts.

Thanks,
Chris
Thanks and take care,
Chris M.

Chris@CWM030.com
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:26 pm

On the MX I dont want to block out any domains that might have like mxdomain.com
OK, the more detailed way would be then to add each, that should ensure less chances for any errors...
e.g.
*@mx0.*
*@mx1.*
*@mx2.*
*@mx3.*
*@mx4.*
*@mx5.*

and so on...
CWM030
Student Sheep

Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:31 pm

rusticdog wrote:
OK, the more detailed way would be then to add each, that should ensure less chances for any errors...
e.g.
*@mx0.*
*@mx1.*
*@mx2.*
*@mx3.*
*@mx4.*
*@mx5.*

and so on...

Thank you again!
Thanks and take care,
Chris M.

Chris@CWM030.com

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”