Duplicate Notifications

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
RonHayes
Mystified Moa

Duplicate Notifications

Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:14 am

This is nothing major, just a bit annoying, but when MW indicates that I have an email, the solitary email - same source - appears twice in the Inbox Notification. When I wash the email and my email program opens, it doesn't appear twice. It's a single email.

If this has any bearing, I use gmail that must use IMAP and I have the "Store cached emails" box unchecked.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Duplicate Notifications

Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:27 am

Yeah that whole system needs a rework, it's been fiddled with a lot over the years and doesn't function like it should. It's one of the first things I hope we'll look at once version 8 goes into beta.
szib9
Student Sheep

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:41 pm

Duplicate notifications keep piling up every single day, which is not only annoying, I am not sure I can trust them because sometimes when I click on one to see if it's the same as the other ones that are labeled the same, it contains the body of another email entirely. They are often of different file sizes, even if the title and date/time are the same. I rely heavily on MailWasher Pro to preview, sort, and control my email, as I have 12 different webmail accounts and need to keep them orderly. I would like to delete the duplicates, but can't be sure that I am not deleting something else entirely.

I can't see what's really there without logging in to each account separately, and with 12 of them, that's why I want to use MailWasher to look at my mail unless I really have to see something directly (which isn't often). PLEASE FIX THIS or tell me how I can get the database to reset so it only shows what's really there.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:48 pm

szib9 wrote:Duplicate notifications keep piling up every single day, which is not only annoying, I am not sure I can trust them because sometimes when I click on one to see if it's the same as the other ones that are labeled the same, it contains the body of another email entirely. They are often of different file sizes, even if the title and date/time are the same. I rely heavily on MailWasher Pro to preview, sort, and control my email, as I have 12 different webmail accounts and need to keep them orderly. I would like to delete the duplicates, but can't be sure that I am not deleting something else entirely.

I can't see what's really there without logging in to each account separately, and with 12 of them, that's why I want to use MailWasher to look at my mail unless I really have to see something directly (which isn't often). PLEASE FIX THIS or tell me how I can get the database to reset so it only shows what's really there.
This sounds like a different issue.

For your POP accounts, under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming >> uncheck Store Cached Emails.
For your IMAP accounts, this option should be unchecked and greyed out, if not, then you you can go into Help >> User Files >> close MailWasher so it's not running >> right click Accounts.xml and select Edit (or just open the file in any text editor)

Look for or search for any instances of
Cache="True"
And set to
Cache="False"

Save the file.
szib9
Student Sheep

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:28 am

Okay, I have unchecked Store Cached Emails. Now I'll see if it changes the behavior. Thank you for the answer.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:26 am

szib9 wrote:Okay, I have unchecked Store Cached Emails. Now I'll see if it changes the behavior. Thank you for the answer.
If you still notice the behaviour (after a restart of MailWasher) then remove the accounts effected >> restart MailWasher >> add them back in >> also when adding them back, keep the cache emails option unchecked.

Thanks
szib9
Student Sheep

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:58 am

Thanks. I'll do that if it becomes necessary, but I won't know until I have run this across more than one day.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”