MailWasher and ICS

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Hackermeister
Rattled Rabbit

MailWasher and ICS

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:57 pm

We used Mailwasher on a server connected to Internet via a Cable Mode on a static IP and it worked great for at least 6 months. However, I moved the server to a small group setting out in the country for a project and have the server connected to a [slow] wireless connection in an RV park. This wireless connection is setup to be shared using ICS and it's mainly used for email and backups.

Problem is that MailWasher crashes at least once a day and it prefers to crash in the middle of the night so that we end up with a **itload of spam emails in the morning. When the server with MailWasher is connected to a 4G LTE router it works fine just like it did with our cable modem. I also tried running MailWasher without ICS and that seemed to work fine as well.

Question; Has anybody else used MailWasher on a server with a connection that is shared using ICS ?
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: MailWasher and ICS

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:19 pm

I don't recall hearing someone with that kind of setup. Flick me the logs though, if you go into Help >> User Files >> if you can zip and email me the Logs folder to forum@firetrust.com I will have a look and see what might be able to be done for stability.
Hackermeister
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:38 pm

I have sent the logs. Thanks for looking into this
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Great, got the logs.

It's not clear why MailWasher is crashing, which is a nuisance. Though one would imagine it would be related to the less than great wireless connection you mentioned.

I would try the following and see if anything helps.

First install this version. It has a crash fix for checking an OAUTH account (which GMail is using) so fingers crossed that's the issue right there.
http://cdn.firetrust.com/downloads/mail ... 072017.exe

Under Settings >> General >> Checking Mail >> try setting MailWasher not to check during certain times. As long as MailWasher does the checking and auto-deleting before the morning user check, then the mail boxes ought to be relatively clean, and also prevents the constant checking through the night.

Under the same section, try setting a few more minutes between checks. Even 5 may make a difference here.
Hackermeister
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:59 pm

I have installed the linked version and also made some changes to the schedule as suggested. Mainly, I made sure MailWasher will not run during backups. We shall see if it makes a difference. I'll let you know in a couple of days.

Thanks again

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”