The aolea problem

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
georgek
Rattled Rabbit

The aolea problem

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:29 am

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been driven a little crazy by this spam monster.

Quick review: emails galore send by an outfit with an origination address such as:

contact@cjwjW5R7 aolea.us

Note that sometimes, there is no space between the 8-character nonsense expression and "aolea.us" And if by chance you've never seen any of these emails, note that the nonsense phrases can be very short (3-5 characters) or as many as a dozen, and with OR without the space before the alleged domain name.

I have tried to designate various combinations to block ALL of these emails, but just can't seem to get the job done, so I'm turning to the forum here to see if anyone has the answer.

By the way, I did some searching and read that this spammer may be one of a number who use some nasty little generator to make it easy for them to create a HUGE number of addresses to use in their crappy endeavor to overload our inboxes.

Anybody got THE answer?
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: The aolea problem

Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:46 am

And you've tried where the 'From' or Header contains aolea.us?
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
georgek
Rattled Rabbit

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:53 am

I really hate to sound like a dummy, but I cannot ind exactly where you are referring to. I have used various combinations of *.alolea.us, *.*aolea.us, *.* aolea.us [note the space before aolea there), etc.

also, another problem that popped up in my efforts to look at the from or header hat contains aolea.us The "Help & Info" column on the far right of the screen that displays vertain help information when you hover the cursor over various words extends beyond the right-hand screen margin, and I can't see all the information. I tried resizing the screen in my monitor settings, and the same thing happened, even with the screen shrunk a little bit (with a black framing all around the screenshot).

I'm not a novice, but I just can't seem to get a handle on what is now TWO problems!

Help!
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:24 am

No asterisks. This is not DOS where those would be considered wild cards. Just aolea.us or just aolea. The filter looks for that string of characters. If you put an asterisk in there, the filter will look for an asterisk in the character string too.

This dummy is the one who doesn't ask the question.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
dearwebby
Student Sheep

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:56 am

Don't get sidetracked by the forged address. That is just to waste your time.
Look at the body! What is common with those spams?
Make a filter to go after that!
Remember, the FROM address is usually forged, and rarely used twice.
There is absolutely no point blacklisting, except for your ex-mother-in-law's address.
Have FUN!
DearWebby

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”