Non default accounts

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
alanrwood
Travelling Tuatara

Non default accounts

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:57 am

I have created a non default account.

on most occasions when I open MW and click on the "Check Mail" button to check only the default accounts it also downloads the non default account. If I clear the message list and recheck it works fine. I am not using the Check all facility, just the default accounts check.

Anyone else getting this problem and knows how to cure it. Is it a known bug?

Alan
Regards Alan
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Non default accounts

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:08 am

On the startup check sounds odd.

If there any messages for the non-default account showing in the list, from a manual check, that would trigger a regular Check Mail to also include the non-default account. MW behaves this way so that a Check Mail keeps all accounts with messages loaded in the list to be current.

Next time you notice the issue, if you can send me some logs, via Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief like '<accountname> should not have checked' >> enter chris as the Ticket Number >> Send Logs.

It sounds like you can cause this issue to happen on demand, so if you can cause issue, send the logs, will make it nice and clear.
alanrwood
Travelling Tuatara

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:56 am

Hi rusticdog

Fantastic quick reply as always. I will do as you request next time it happens. I have just cleared the logs to keep it short.

This happens with no messages shown initially in the list when it happens so I don't think that is not the reason but I was not aware of that behaviour before so will be aware now.

I can't do it on demand unfortunately but it does happen reasonably regularly so it should not be long.

Regards Alan
Regards Alan
alanrwood
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:14 am

Hi

The Gremlins have been at work. Since my last post it has only happened once. It might be of course that there were no emails in the non-default account so it would not show. I will keep monitoring it and get back if necessary.

Regards Alan
Regards Alan
alanrwood
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:58 pm

OK I will close this now as it seems to have sorted itself out. I changed the relevant account to Active. Closed MW then reopened it and set it to inactive again and it seems to have worked. I will get back if I experience it again.

Cheers Alan
Regards Alan

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”