Pandora Mail 1.7.4

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Pandora Mail 1.7.4

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 am

Did anyone ever figure out how to get Pandora Mail and Mailwasher Pro to work with each other? I have tried all the suggestions that were made regarding GeneralSettings.xml, but none of them have made any difference. Eudora and MS Outlook both work just fine when selected as the mail program, just not Pandora.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Pandora Mail 1.7.4

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:38 pm

Can you clarify what aspect isn't working ?
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:29 pm

rusticdog wrote:Can you clarify what aspect isn't working ?
Pandora will not open from Mailwasher Pro. If I but the path in quotes or not, nothing happens (except a quick, 1/2 sec., little circle like it's trying to open), but Pandora will not open.

jetjock.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm

If you have (or can create) a shortcut to Pandora on your Desktop, try instead going into MailWasher, Settings >> General >> Washing Mail >> select Use Other Application >> Browse >> navigate to your desktop if need be, look for the Pandora shortcut and select that instead.

The shortcut does not need to be on desktop, you could chose another folder of course, just using that for simplicity.
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:06 am

rusticdog wrote:If you have (or can create) a shortcut to Pandora on your Desktop, try instead going into MailWasher, Settings >> General >> Washing Mail >> select Use Other Application >> Browse >> navigate to your desktop if need be, look for the Pandora shortcut and select that instead.

The shortcut does not need to be on desktop, you could chose another folder of course, just using that for simplicity.
This is a new one on me. I have shortcut on my desktop for Pandora that opens the program just fine. When I "browse" to that shortcut from Mailwasher, and click on it, I'm told that "The path doesn't exist". But if I check that shortcut's properties, it points right to the program file. Any ideas? :scratch

jetjock
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:42 pm

That sounds puzzling.

If you right click the shortcut >> Properties >> what's in the Target field ?

Also, try creating a new shortcut. If you go to your Pandora executable >> right click >> Send To >> Desktop (Create Shortcut) >> does this new shortcut behave in the same way ?
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:20 pm

rusticdog wrote:That sounds puzzling.

Also, try creating a new shortcut. If you go to your Pandora executable >> right click >> Send To >> Desktop (Create Shortcut) >> does this new shortcut behave in the same way ?
Will try tomorrow & get back...too late now!

jetjock
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:34 pm

jetjock wrote:
rusticdog wrote:That sounds puzzling.

Will try tomorrow & get back...too late now!

jetjock
Decided to try it now...same result "Pandora.exe-shorcut. Path does not exist. Check the path and try again". Path reads: "C:\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe" which is right where it's at.

jetjock
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:44 pm

OK, tomorrow when you are back, can you make sure MW makes the error, then send me some logs via Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'Pandora error" >> in Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

If you can reply back once sent, so I know to be on the lookout for them.

Cheers
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:44 am

rusticdog wrote:OK, tomorrow when you are back, can you make sure MW makes the error, then send me some logs via Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'Pandora error" >> in Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs.

If you can reply back once sent, so I know to be on the lookout for them.

Cheers
I will send you screenshots of what I see as the MW log doesn't have any entries about this. All it has is a couple of entries about Outlook from when I tried it yesterday. I have tried setting Eudora, Outlook and Forte Agent as mail programs in MW and they all will open from the icon. The only one that won't is Pandora. Since Pandora sets the wrong folder as it's location (see screenshot "Pandora 0.jpg") when I send it to the desktop as a shortcut, I'm thinking there is something wrong with Pandora itself. I just tried it again and it pointed to the correct folder when I check properties from the desktop, but when I go the setup in MW and point at the shortcut on the desktop, it says the file is in the (x86) folder (see Pandora 0.jpg). Really strange!!! No matter how the shortcut is created, or even if I point directly to the .exe in the installation folder, I get the same results; Pandora will not open. I am going to send a bunch of things to Brana (program creator) today. Maybe he will have a clue as to what the problem is. I'll let you know what he says if I hear anything back.

jetjock
Attachments
Pandora 2.jpg
From desktop by dragging .exe & creating a shortcut.
Pandora 2.jpg (157.58 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
Pandora 1.jpg
From the installation folder.
Pandora 1.jpg (190.97 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
Pandora 0.jpg
From desktop shortcut made by sending to desktop.
Pandora 0.jpg (204.32 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:33 pm

Right, I get you. How odd.

MailWasher by default uses the value found in the Registry for mail clients under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\
So without installing Pandora myself, MailWasher would look at something like
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Pandora\shell\open\command

So it's likely that also has the x86 value, causing things to go south. Though it still puzzles me why it fails when you set to use Other Application and directly select Pandora or use
"C:\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe"
jetjock
Travelling Tuatara

Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:23 pm

[quote="rusticdog"]Right, I get you. How odd.

MailWasher by default uses the value found in the Registry for mail clients under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\
So without installing Pandora myself, MailWasher would look at something like
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Pandora\shell\open\command

Mine reads: "C:\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe" "%1"

So it's likely that also has the x86 value, causing things to go south. Though it still puzzles me why it fails when you set to use Other Application and directly select Pandora or use
"C:\Program Files\Pandora\Pandora.exe"[

Here is the reply I got from Brana:
1. Mailwasher Pro (ver. 7.11.0) will not call Pandora from it's program. Neither the Pandora, nor the Mailwasher forums have any answer for this problem. It will call Eudora, MS Outlook and Forte Agent just fine.

We'll be testing that out for the upcoming 1.75. Thanks for reporting it.

He says that 1.7.5 should be out early May. Will let you know if anything changes

/quote]

jetjock

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”