failure to log in

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
sloppy33
Active Albatross

failure to log in

Sat May 05, 2018 10:01 pm

Hi, using firetrust pro for a few years with few problems, this morning all I get is failure to log in to server. I use Sky as the server and I have changed the password with Sky and used the same password with FTP and also with WLM. Still no joy, been messing with this for 2 hours now, I know I have mail because I can access it through the Sky site, its just that FTP will not connect, any help would be appreciated.
sloppy33
Active Albatross

Re: failure to log in

Sat May 05, 2018 10:09 pm

whoops should have been failure to connect to server. going round in circles.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Tue May 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi

I assume you changed the password in MailWasher under Settings >> Accounts >> Incoming ?
Are you still getting errors now ?
sloppy33
Active Albatross

Wed May 09, 2018 11:03 am

You assume correctly rusticdog and actually after a couple of hours MW logged in and continued for a day or so. Tonight I booted up my pc and just after the opening screen the monitor went black and I could not access anything so I crashed my machine. When I booted up again the MW came on but it said my trial had ended and I would need to purchase the program if I wanted to use it. I put in my license number and it was accepted although it is now asking me if I want the tutorial. MW though will not connect to my server yet again. Something is wrong somewhere and I am loath to blame it on Microsoft updates but what other answer could there be.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 pm

OK, under Help >> User Files >> Logs >> look for folder named after todays date. If you can send me the files in there to forum@firetrust.com

Optionally if you ZIP and email me the whole logs folder.

For general machine health, I'd look at running a System File Scan https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/hel ... ted-system then download and run the .NET Repair utility https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/downloa ... x?id=30135
sloppy33
Active Albatross

Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi Rusticdog, for the moment panic over, I had an email from a Jeremy at your end and he suggested something about pipelining, unticked those and it worked. Cannot believe it was that simple but your help was much appreciated and the help of all the team at Firetrust. I cannot recommend you highly enough.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”