Mailwasherpro 7 seems to never remove messages

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
umperjay
It begins with a single step

Mailwasherpro 7 seems to never remove messages

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Even though I mark messages as spam, for bouncing or even blacklist, they always seem to come back the next time I open and use Mail washer Pro version 7. However, when they come back up they show spam, blacklist etc. It seems to me that if the mail is washed those messages should never appear again when my mail is re-checked. I have used mail washer for years and the old version of 6.4 always worked. I am using the new version of 7 on win 10 and it is very frustrating not to really wash the mail because the messages never seem to be gone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as to how this might be corrected.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasherpro 7 seems to never remove messages

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:24 pm

Flick me some logs first if you can.

If you reproduce the problem first, so delete some emails in MailWasher, then have them come back on recheck. Then go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'emails not deleting' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> then reply back here that you sent them, so I can check for their arrival.
michiel
It begins with a single step

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:08 pm

got the same problems also if i delete the mail in mailwasher it also disapear in my inbox on pc. try to send the logs but this give a error "can't send"
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:24 pm

michiel wrote:got the same problems also if i delete the mail in mailwasher it also disapear in my inbox on pc. try to send the logs but this give a error "can't send"
What you're describing is how IMAP works.

Your email program will be setup as IMAP, which is a synchronised email system. The emails in your Inbox will show in MailWasher/webmail etc... and when you delete a message through one of those mediums, the email clients will remove it also.

I personally find the best way to use IMAP is to create subfolders in the email program. I move messages I no longer need, but still want to keep, out of my Inbox into those, which then removes them from my webmail inbox, including MailWasher etc...

Optionally, you could recreate the account in your email program as a POP account, and set it up so when it retrieves a message, it deletes the copy on the server, which would remove this from any other program seeing it.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”