Black Listed Emails - how to extract for gaining email address

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
JFWconsultants
Rattled Rabbit

Black Listed Emails - how to extract for gaining email address

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:33 am

In my Recycle Bin I have a major quantity of emails that MailWasher has recognised as blacklisted and obviously has sent them to the Bin when I have wanted those that are Friends. I want to be able to extract those somehow so that I can copy each email address and set it up in my relative email Blocked or Bounced as appropriate which I can do at my ISP.
Can anyone advise me how extracting them can be done in the above way as at the moment it seems there is no way from the normal settings in MailWasher!

I would be very grateful for some advice please.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Black Listed Emails - how to extract for gaining email address

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:52 am

So the super easy way, just ZIP and email me your database file to forum@firetrust.com and I'll send you a text file back. We don't store passwords in this file, in case you are concerned about that.

The less super easy way...
MailWasher stores the Blacklist and Friends list in an SQLite database, named mwp.db3 file located in C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Firetrust\MailWasher\cache\
If from MailWasher you go Help >> User Files >> you'll see the cache subfolder there.

Using a program like https://sqlitebrowser.org you could open the database, then under the Database Structure tab, right click on which table you want to export (Friends List or Blacklist) and select Export As CSV.

The it becomes a case of editing the file, where [\w?."-@]+ is an *, and all full stops are escaped to /. which also would need to be changed.

I've done this a number of times, and got my process down to a few minutes, so happy to do it for you.

Cheers
JFWconsultants
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Black Listed Emails - how to extract for gaining email address

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:53 pm

I very much appreciate your response and I will attach the database mwp.db3 from the cashe folder to your email address. Thanks for pointing me to where this folder is located. It very good of you to offer to do this for me!

Kind regards.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”