Can't delete mail that doesn't exitst

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
rob49152
Rattled Rabbit

Can't delete mail that doesn't exitst

Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 am

I have a problem. I am using the windows version of MW and I have 177 emails to wash. But my ipad has already removed them from the email server. So when I try to wash them MW 'loading...' icon spins and spins... then I get an unknown error.

I can log in and receive new mail. So I know the mail connection works. the MW inbox shows mail arriving from 10 minute ago.

Looking at the error message. I see a few things
1)they could use some XML formatting :)
2) the message <SOURCE>POPservice::DeleteMessgesForUIDlist</SOURCE><MESSAGE>SocketException - GetLine failed() failed with code 0: The operation completed successfully.</MESSAGE>

So how can I delete these messages from my inbox without MW wanting to remove them from the server?

I would have thought the program would have had some logic built in that would say 'if you can't find the message on the server, assume it's been deletes some other way and just remove the item from the inbox. Mark it as removed'

Anyways. Anyone have any suggestions?
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: Can't delete mail that doesn't exitst

Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:02 am

Until someone else comes along, I would suggest you "Clear Message List" and see what happens. From the Email drop down menu on the top right, click Clear Message List > Yes, clear grid.

Then tell MW to go check for mail again. Hopefully only those emails still out there will be found.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────
rob49152
Rattled Rabbit

Re: Can't delete mail that doesn't exitst

Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:46 am

Digerati wrote:Until someone else comes along, I would suggest you "Clear Message List" and see what happens. From the Email drop down menu on the top right, click Clear Message List > Yes, clear grid.

Then tell MW to go check for mail again. Hopefully only those emails still out there will be found.
Thanks. I did try that. It still wanted to connect to the server.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”