Outlook issues warning "Only one version of Outlook can run at a time"

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
christiaan
Rattled Rabbit

Outlook issues warning "Only one version of Outlook can run at a time"

Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:21 am

Since some time, after washing Outlook pops-up with a warning: "Sorry, we're having trouble starting Outlook. Only one version of Outlook can run at a time. Check if another version of Outlook is running, or try restarting your computer". When I just click " OK", all runs normal. This wasn't the case earlier.
As this happens on both my desktop and my notebook, I figure it is a systemic issue (version?).
Anyone has an idea what do do about it? It does not block me from working, but it is annoying ;-)

Thanks
Christiaan
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Outlook issues warning "Only one version of Outlook can run at a time"

Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:31 am

What version Outlook ?

You could try going into Settings >> General >> Washing Mail >> change the email program selected to Use Other Application >> then using Browse >> manually navigate to the location of the Outlook EXE (or if you have a desktop shortcut you can select that) >> the location of the EXE will be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX\Outlook.exe where XX relates to what version you have installed.

Cheers
christiaan
Rattled Rabbit

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:09 am

Hi, Thanks!!! It was actually even more simple than I thought: Just had to select Microsof Outlook at Mailwasher>>Settings>>Washing Mail....... ;-) It was set at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE". Don't remember setting this up.
Same for the Notebook.

Thanks again.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 am

Great, even better!

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”