Spammer using my address as sender!

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
ronc
Rattled Rabbit

Spammer using my address as sender!

Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:52 am

I getting hit by spam that appears to be originating from my address as the sender. There is text added that looks like it's from a novel to make it harder to detect the content of the spam. Since I often email myself from my smart phone, I don't want to blacklist my own address. All of the recent spam has the following line in the header properties:

"Received: from sex.com (114-47-145-69.dynamic-ip.hinet.net [114.47.145.69])"

Here is an example of one I received recently:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dearr,
Go: www133.Ronc.caseymillie.eu <http://Ronc.caseymillie.eu/>

Yours 4everr, Shwanee Weeg

Hallward had painted of him. He started back as if in surprise.

Professionally and personally, the notary was a popular citizen.
Bethania med de tolv.
And thus was all the noise appesed.

N.... of the past, not with the N..... who was struggling upward.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I filter this crap out?

Thanks,
Ron
dearwebby
Student Sheep

Re: Spammer using my address as sender!

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:32 am

They have been doing that for years. I filter them out with my machine name or when traveling with my IP number.
If you look at the header of a mail you send to yourself, you see YOUR equivalent of this:
Received: from Webby5.webby.com ([66.222.1**.***)
Webby5 is the machine name, 66... is the IP number.
Just make a filter,
IF the FROM contains [your address] and the ENTIRE HEADER does not contain [your machine name} or [your IP number], then delete the mail automatically, without showing it in the list.
Your entire header looks like used pizza, You can get your IP number instantly at http://webby.com/ip Don't worry, no ads there, just your IP number.
You can use EITHER your machine name OR your IP number. Use whichever you prefer.
That filter must have deleted a few Million spams sent towards me since 1997. It is 100% reliable.
Have FUN!
DearWebby

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”