Filter Sounds

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
Supake
Mystified Moa

Filter Sounds

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi All

is there a way to add a Custom Sound to a filter, eg I may have an email address that I want to monitor and when MW see's that filer, it plays the selected sound.

At the moment, I can only find the generic Notification sound I the General section. This in itself is poor in that it is the same sound for both new mail and errors - so which is it?

TIA
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Filter Sounds

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Unfortunately not. You can set a new mail notification which will then alter from the default error sounds. In the selection screen if you select to Browse, most of your machine sounds will be located in C:\Windows\media
Supake
Mystified Moa

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:33 pm

Hi Rusticdog, sorry I am confused by your reply. You say "Unfortunately not" then mention something about setting a new notification and changing it, etc - what do you mean? Cheers
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:48 pm

Supake wrote:Hi Rusticdog, sorry I am confused by your reply. You say "Unfortunately not" then mention something about setting a new notification and changing it, etc - what do you mean? Cheers
My bad. You cannot have separate filter sounds for Custom Filters, but you can change the new mail notification sound under Settings >> General >> Notifications. There you can set/choose a different new mail sound, and your machine likely has a number of other sounds stored in C:\Windows\media, or optionally you can just choose your own sound file that you have saved.
Supake
Mystified Moa

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:53 pm

Ah, I see. I'm OK with the default sound thanks. I suppose the next step is to ask if there's a suggestions section as this seems like a useful addition :) Many thanks for your help and patience. Cheers

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”