Spam with a .in or .tk country code

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
luciarakan
It begins with a single step

Spam with a .in or .tk country code

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:50 pm

have been getting a huge amount of spam emails with a .in or .tk country code. I have checked the header of a few of them and they are NOT from India or Tokelau (wherever that may be!). How can I get MWP 2011 to automatically delete these as it is unlikely that I will ever receive legitimate email from either of those country codes.

Any help would be much appreciated!
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Spam with a .in or .tk country code

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:07 pm

luciarakan wrote:have been getting a huge amount of spam emails with a .in or .tk country code. I have checked the header of a few of them and they are NOT from India or Tokelau (wherever that may be!). How can I get MWP 2011 to automatically delete these as it is unlikely that I will ever receive legitimate email from either of those country codes.

Any help would be much appreciated!
I think the easiest way would be to use the Blacklist. If this isn't suitable, let me know and will detail about creating a Filter specific for these emails.
Blacklist :
Blacklist those country TLDs, under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Blacklist >> select Wildcard Expression >> in the field below enter the problem domain with wildcards >> Add.
i.e.
*@*.in
*@*.tk

Note too, from the main MailWasher screen you can right click one of these emails, select Add Domain To Blacklist to achieve same result.
You can then if you wish, set MailWasher to automatically delete anything found on the blacklist in the Options tab of the blacklist.

Optionally, instead of automatically deleting just Blacklist, you could set MailWasher to delete any emails it thinks are spam. You can do that under Settings >> Spam Tools >> Spam Ratings >> I would set to around -140 at first and reduce if necessary. Doing this will take an emails result from Learning, Filters, Blacklist etc before autodeleting.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”