Auto Bouncing

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
huuchuan1113
It begins with a single step

Auto Bouncing

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:40 am

Someone tell me how to set this thing up to auto bounce an email will you, its driving me nuts as I have to do it manually.... arghhhh, and a bounced email 3 hours after arriving is hardly convincing is it.
Digerati
Microsoft MVP

Re: Auto Bouncing

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:52 am

Bad idea!

Bouncing should only be done to bounce an email back to someone you know personally and you know their email address is valid. It would be much better to just set up a rule to delete their emails.

The problem is, spammers never use their own email addresses. To make it worse, they often "spoof" some innocent person's email address so it looks like it is from someone real - perhaps even someone you know. So when you bounce spam it either goes no where, it hits a genuine domain but an invalid address and then gets returned to you as an invalid address (further flooding your inbox with unwanted mail), or that innocent person starts getting bounce messages for emails they never sent.

It should also be noted many ISPs don't appreciate their users bouncing emails and it could result in them cutting your service. So just use filters.
Image Bill (AFE7Ret)
Freedom is NOT Free!
Image Windows and Devices for IT, 2007 - 2018
Heat is the bane of all electronics!
─────────────────────

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”