Mailwasher Pro not receiving e-mails

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
davidruss
Mystified Moa

Mailwasher Pro not receiving e-mails

Postby davidruss Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 pm

I have just updated my Win10 PC to version 7.11.10 of Mailwasher Pro but I now find that Mailwasher Pro does not receive any of my e-mails although they are all shown in my chrome gmail account. I had no problems prior to updating.

My only solution is to untick " Use Oauth " from Mailwasher and also allow "less secure apps " in Google Chrome which somehow now unblocks Mailwasher Pro.

I want to secure my e-mails through Mailwasher Pro and use "Oauth"

Please can you explain how I can get Mailwasher Pro back to a secure environment and receiving all my e-mails.

David Russon
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher Pro not receiving e-mails

Postby rusticdog Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:02 am

Hi David

When you select to use OAUTH and MailWasher pops up the logon window for you to approve access, does this process not complete ?
Are you getting any errors etc.. ?
davidruss
Mystified Moa

Postby davidruss Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm

rusticdog - thanks

I can select "use OAUTH" in the Mailwasher Pro settings and save without errors / problem. However I then do not receive any e-mails through Mailwasher. I have had to untick the box and also allow less secure apps access in the Google mail settings.

I seem to only have started this problem since last week when I updated my Mailwasher programme to version 7.11.10. Prior to this I had "use OAUTH" box ticked and also was using secure apps through Google.

.Now since updating that combination does not work.

David Russon
davidruss
Mystified Moa

Postby davidruss Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Just an update - my error -

1) with "use Oauth" ticked , when I try ti save the change i get a red error message " unable to connect to server" ( this is with Google secure Apps on ) and no e-mails received through Mailwasher Pro

2) with "use Oauth" unticked and with Google secure Apps on I get a red error message " unable to connect to server " on trying to save changes and no e-mails received through Mailwasher Pro

3) with "use Oauth" unticked and with Google less secure apps used i can save the changes and receive e-mails although I am now bombarded with warnings from Google re my security problem.

Can anyone advise what I can now try to resolve the problem which has occurred since updating Mailwasher Pro to 7.11.10

David Ruuson
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Postby rusticdog Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:28 pm

Odd.

If you go into Help >> User Files >> open the cache folder >> delete the relevant _token file for the account, it will be for example youremail@gmail.com_token

Try checking again in MailWasher using OAUTH. That should popup the authentication box requiring you to logon to the GMail account via web interface and give MailWasher access.
davidruss
Mystified Moa

Postby davidruss Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:51 pm

rusticdog,

thanks - i tried this . I have deleted that token file from the cache folder but I am still getting the red "failed to connect to server" message when trying to save the entries ( I deleted my Mailwasher pro e-mail account and re-entered the details but still no joy )

I have not received the pop-up notification box you mentioned and there is no token file in the cache folder.

Can I try anything else.

David Russon
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Postby rusticdog Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:57 am

davidruss wrote:rusticdog,

thanks - i tried this . I have deleted that token file from the cache folder but I am still getting the red "failed to connect to server" message when trying to save the entries ( I deleted my Mailwasher pro e-mail account and re-entered the details but still no joy )

I have not received the pop-up notification box you mentioned and there is no token file in the cache folder.

Can I try anything else.

David Russon

Flick me the logs.
Go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'not checking gmail' in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back once sent, so I can check for their arrival.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”