Mailwasher Pro not receiving e-mails

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
davidruss
Student Sheep

Mailwasher Pro not receiving e-mails

Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:43 pm

I have just updated my Win10 PC to version 7.11.10 of Mailwasher Pro but I now find that Mailwasher Pro does not receive any of my e-mails although they are all shown in my chrome gmail account. I had no problems prior to updating.

My only solution is to untick " Use Oauth " from Mailwasher and also allow "less secure apps " in Google Chrome which somehow now unblocks Mailwasher Pro.

I want to secure my e-mails through Mailwasher Pro and use "Oauth"

Please can you explain how I can get Mailwasher Pro back to a secure environment and receiving all my e-mails.

David Russon
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: Mailwasher Pro not receiving e-mails

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:02 am

Hi David

When you select to use OAUTH and MailWasher pops up the logon window for you to approve access, does this process not complete ?
Are you getting any errors etc.. ?
davidruss
Student Sheep

Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm

rusticdog - thanks

I can select "use OAUTH" in the Mailwasher Pro settings and save without errors / problem. However I then do not receive any e-mails through Mailwasher. I have had to untick the box and also allow less secure apps access in the Google mail settings.

I seem to only have started this problem since last week when I updated my Mailwasher programme to version 7.11.10. Prior to this I had "use OAUTH" box ticked and also was using secure apps through Google.

.Now since updating that combination does not work.

David Russon
davidruss
Student Sheep

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:34 pm

Just an update - my error -

1) with "use Oauth" ticked , when I try ti save the change i get a red error message " unable to connect to server" ( this is with Google secure Apps on ) and no e-mails received through Mailwasher Pro

2) with "use Oauth" unticked and with Google secure Apps on I get a red error message " unable to connect to server " on trying to save changes and no e-mails received through Mailwasher Pro

3) with "use Oauth" unticked and with Google less secure apps used i can save the changes and receive e-mails although I am now bombarded with warnings from Google re my security problem.

Can anyone advise what I can now try to resolve the problem which has occurred since updating Mailwasher Pro to 7.11.10

David Ruuson
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:28 pm

Odd.

If you go into Help >> User Files >> open the cache folder >> delete the relevant _token file for the account, it will be for example youremail@gmail.com_token

Try checking again in MailWasher using OAUTH. That should popup the authentication box requiring you to logon to the GMail account via web interface and give MailWasher access.
davidruss
Student Sheep

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:51 pm

rusticdog,

thanks - i tried this . I have deleted that token file from the cache folder but I am still getting the red "failed to connect to server" message when trying to save the entries ( I deleted my Mailwasher pro e-mail account and re-entered the details but still no joy )

I have not received the pop-up notification box you mentioned and there is no token file in the cache folder.

Can I try anything else.

David Russon
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:57 am

davidruss wrote:rusticdog,

thanks - i tried this . I have deleted that token file from the cache folder but I am still getting the red "failed to connect to server" message when trying to save the entries ( I deleted my Mailwasher pro e-mail account and re-entered the details but still no joy )

I have not received the pop-up notification box you mentioned and there is no token file in the cache folder.

Can I try anything else.

David Russon
Flick me the logs.
Go Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'not checking gmail' in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs >> reply back once sent, so I can check for their arrival.
davidruss
Student Sheep

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:06 am

rusticdog,

I sent the logs from my desktop Pc to Jeremy Clark of Firetrust support who has replied with further suggestions. I will try them tomorrow Thurs 17.01.2019 ( i am in the UK ) and will advise on the outcome. I presume that you will not want the logs as well as Jeremy.

Regards

David Russon
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:05 pm

Yup that's fine, just keep me posted how things go.

Cheers
davidruss
Student Sheep

Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 pm

rusticdog,,

I received instructions on what to do from Jeremy Clark of Firetrust support . I followed the information but when i get to the instruction " on the incoming tab type in your gmail password and click save again"

I still get the error "failed to connect to server " and can go no further.

I can compromise security by unchecking "use OAUTH " in Mailwasher Pro and accept " use less secure apps" in Google . Then I get a flood of e-mails in Mailwasher Pro inbox

However I do not want to keep doing this.

At a loss now of what to try next.

David Russon
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:09 am

Do you have an active AntiVirus email scanner ? Or do you have any special characters in your password, asterisks etc...?
This really makes no sense why OUATH is failing.

Also, send me new logs via Help >> Send Support Logs >> enter a brief note like 'not checking gmail' >> in the Ticket Number field enter chris >> Send Logs

The logs you sent Jeremy don't show a great deal unfortunately, I'd like to see a little more if I can, and your recent efforts should show that in the logs now.

Cheers
davidruss
Student Sheep

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:54 am

rusticdog ,

thanks for reply - support logs sent as requested.

Re your queries - I have Kaspersky Total Security but this has always been running .. My password only consists of letters and numerals , no special characters.

I have been uninstalling and re-installing Mailwasher Pro but nothing I do seems to work - all I get is " failed to connect to server"

David Russon
davidruss
Student Sheep

Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Just wanted to say that Firetrust Support have solved my problem of not receiving e-mails after updating Mailwasher Pro , I have had to invoke the 2-step verification in Google and now Mailwasher Pro and Google are communicating with each other and e-mails are being received in my Mailwasher Pro inbox.

DavidR

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”