block all until I "opt in"

Forum for MailWasher Pro 7 and/or older 2011/2012 versions.
dochammoc
Rattled Rabbit

block all until I "opt in"

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:19 pm

Hello, I want to do something really simple. I want to forward all my old emails to a new account and have MW block *all* of them till I release or not release it. Overtime, I hope to have less to review as MW learns.

I'm pretty sure MW was designed to do this .. however I'm concerned about the forwarded email. If I block an email, I want the original sender blocked .. not my the forward from address!

I would like a reject notice sent to original sender ideally. It might be nice to also send notice to senders if their email was accepted (the first time) and/or waiting to be reviewed and/or auto deleted (after 30 days).

Okay, maybe ignore the last paragraph. I'm using gmail web interface if it makes a difference.
rusticdog
Firetrust Monkey

Re: block all until I "opt in"

Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:55 pm

One option could be to setup a GMail auto-reply indicating to no longer use the old address and detail the new. You can optionally send these responses to only people in your contacts.
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/general

By forwarding the emails from one account to the other, it won't be keeping original headers in tact and any bounce will go to the forwarding address, not the original sender.

Depending too on the new account, you could link it to your older GMail https://support.google.com/mail/answer/ ... authuser=0
I'm not sure though if you can link two GMail accounts together.
dochammoc
Rattled Rabbit

Re: block all until I "opt in"

Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 pm

My old account is not gmail. My new account is. I could of course have MW monitor both accounts. I could still setup auto-reply somehow on my old account to indicate I'm no longer using it. But sounds like I will need to monitor it for a long time before I finally pull the plug.

Return to “MailWasher Pro 7”